Sign in to follow this  
SiK-E34

Dentists!

Ever since I was young I have always been scared of the dentist aka had a "phobia" I always used to get small fillings etc but I always had to physc myself up before hand...

The past few years I didnt have any visits... But I did suffer a sh*t load of pain....

I went to my local dentist a few times and both times I chickened out!!!!!! He gave me anti-biotics to fight the infection...

OK after 3 excruciating weeks of on and off pain I finally physcd myself up enough where I just thought fcuk it ill go get it done!!! And I did....

I don't know what I was Afraid of!!!! I had my 1st tooth pulled out in years and it didn't even hurt 1 bit!!!!!

So for anyone who has this fear or phobia.... Man up it doesn't hurt not the tiniest bit.

Just thought I'd share my eventful story lol :)

Hope you are all inspired hahaha kidding.

cheers

Rob

I have a major phobia, which I contribute to the very rude and poor treatment from the school dental nurse in intermediate

I recently had a tooth pulled, the extraction itself didn't hurt and only took 2 seconds max .... but the injections, holy s*%t I've never experienced pain like that before.

It hurt when the needle first entered, and then he kept pushing it in further and further and further and the pain went up a million times every second.

[edit] I still have a phobia but it's getting better now, dentists these days are nice and friendly.

My biggest phobia now is the bill :)

Edited by Wom

Yea he gave me this cool red numbing cream to numb the gums before he injected the anesthetic.

I had a dry socket due to a tooth removal....

that was gay. very gay. Ended up in bed for 1.5 weeks :(

I had a dry socket due to a tooth removal....

that was gay. very gay. Ended up in bed for 1.5 weeks :(

What happened with a dry socket??

Have like 13 fillings. The sound of the dentist drill freaks me out, and the smell of tooth being drilled is even worse!

:(

I've had 1 filling and that was when i was 10 or something.

My only phobias are of spiders and cockroaches .. ugh can't stand them.

And the fear of car falling on my face while I am under it.

What happened with a dry socket??

It's an infection where your tooth had been removed.

it just hurts... alot.

Yea, have quite a few fillings. The one I distinctly remember was when I needed 5 injections and it still wasn't numb, and injections hurt/sting like hell. Don't know what was up! Maybe the syringe was just full of water or something.

I think you boys need to grow some sack.

Try pushing a watermellon out of your genitals.

For the record I love the dentist.

Edited by MS BM

Try having Severe Haemophillia.

I actually like going to the dentist, my dentist is amazing and really nice and gentle.

My only colourful experience was smashing (or breaking in half) my two front adult teeth on the slide at primary school. He said it was more messy that if they were just knocked out. The result? A good glassful of blood loss and two root canals on my front teeth at age 12 - nasty.

Posted Image

Other than that, i've had nothing major really; 4 teeth out for braces and 3 fillings. I don't think the injections are that bad :P

How many kids have you got?

How many kids have you got?

None. Yet.

My dentist is my uncle. Always has been. Apart from driving to bloody Orewa for my appointment, it's good fun. Good family catch ups. He wasn't too happy to see how chipped my teeth are from my balls.

None. Yet.

My dentist is my uncle. Always has been. Apart from driving to bloody Orewa for my appointment, it's good fun. Good family catch ups. He wasn't too happy to see how chipped my teeth are from my balls.

I don't think anyone would be impressed to see teeth chipped away from your own balls. :unsure:

She has

Edited by antil33t

I never found the dentist to be that bad. They have always been nice. I have never had to get fillings though.

No problem with having teeth drilled & filled, what p*ssed me off was having a numb face for hours afterwards. So have refused the injections for about 15 years now. During this time have had 2 PJCs and 3 or 4 fillings without drugs and when its over its over.

Holly sh*t you’re a hard man, I had four wisdoms out and didn’t let them go anywhere near my mouth until I couldn’t feel my shoulders.. The noise is what gets me.

Hate the dentist, as a teen my former dentist broke the scraper hook off in one of me teeth and I just about hit the roof. Bitch.

My new dentist name is Zigi, I trust him entirely, even if he doesn’t actually play guitar.

mum is worse than I am

she refuses to even let the dentist do a regular check up without her being put to sleep

Pussies.

My only phobia of the dentist is the Bill at the end of it!!!!!!!!

Pussies.

My only phobia of the dentist is the Bill at the end of it!!!!!!!!

Nice to see we have some real men on here.

Aye Ollie and Simon. :D