Sign in to follow this  
keen

memory seats keep on working

Can someone here help?I've got a motorsport 535 1989.It has memory seats and they intermittently keep adjusting themselves. This can be quite annoying when driving along and the seat adjusts fully forward or moves to a very uncomfortable position.While sitting in the car at the supermarket with the car not running or turned to auxiliary it just decided to adjust itself again just the drivers seat not the passengers.Any ideas?

Is the side panel that houses the switch on the seat secure? If not - the switch assy may have detached & internal be causing a problem

Have checked to see if panel is loose but no its all neatly fitting and tight any other suggestions

sounds like a loose earth or connection prob , you might have to pull apart to inspect it??

Have checked to see if panel is loose but no its all neatly fitting and tight any other suggestions

As above - need to remove & inspect the switch assy. I doubt it being a bad earth though.

Is it only one direction that it moves itself? - Foward? No other eg back, up, or down?

Can someone here help?I've got a motorsport 535 1989.It has memory seats and they intermittently keep adjusting themselves. This can be quite annoying when driving along and the seat adjusts fully forward or moves to a very uncomfortable position.While sitting in the car at the supermarket with the car not running or turned to auxiliary it just decided to adjust itself again just the drivers seat not the passengers.Any ideas?

you sure they memory???if memory do the mirrors adjust too???

also the switches fail . get all gummed up and burned etc inside.

also the switches fail . get all gummed up and burned etc inside.

Just curious, but what is the resolution? Open up and clean out, or replace?

no the mirror does not change and the seats mainly move forward but it has moved up and back.But why does it move with the key off there have been flat batt problems in the past and now it appears that this may be the culprit

Could probably be quite dangerous, if it was me I'd have the bloody thing unplugged until it was sorted. No power = no accident.

That looks like the temp option