Sign in to follow this  
gmccormack

Z 07

Yeah, that's what i thought it looked like - almost same as a z8. never seen the top one before - quitre cool in many ways though. What is it? I don't know.

Yeah, that's what i thought it looked like - almost same as a z8. never seen the top one before - quitre cool in many ways though. What is it? I don't know.

Maybe its the concept car for the Z8? Like the CS1 concept is the basis of the 1 Series???

Or

Maybe thats what happens when you give the BMW designers drugs :lol: just like in the E36's the rear seatbelts are in the middle.. if anyone asks why , i always say the designers were on drugs. :lol:

Check out the BMW Ute

Now, i was reading about that "thing" (if u can call it that) in a car magazine... i'll go find it.. Its some sort of concept though, it looks a bit like the 645ci, don't ya reckon?

That is the Z9 Concept

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of the most striking features of the Z9 is the gull wing door. But, these doors can also be opened like a conventional hinged door!

INFO:

In the above photo, the door on the left is opened conventionally, while the door on the right opens up and out, in gull wing style.

How is this possible? The conventional doors are actually fitted into the gull wings, allowing the doors to function in both ways. The full-length gull wing doors can be opened automatically at the press of a button on the electronic key. Depressing the button on the remote control will both open and close a door. In fact, holding the button down will cause the door to repeat the procedure indefinitely; in effect, like flapping it's wing!

The Engine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Z9 is powered by the world's first V-8 turbo diesel, the 3.9 liter engine first produced for the BMW 7 Series 740d model.

The 3.9 liter V-8 is a common rail, direct injection unit. It produces more torque than any other engine in BMW's history, an incredible 413 lbs/ft (560 Nm) of torque. Torque is maintained constantly between 1750 and 2500 rpm to give outstanding performance even at the low end of the rev range. Maximum power is an impressive 245 hp.

Choosing a diesel engine to power a large sports coupe like the Z9 is a testament to BMW's confidence in the refinement and performance characteristics of the 3.9 liter V-8.

More info

BMW World Z9 Concept

I love the front of te ute, but the rear isn't doing it for me.

The other concept lloks very similar to a 350z don't you think?

Yeah i reckon it does, the tail looks like a 645i i reckon, The sort of spoiler/lip thing is taken from the Z9 i think......

Hehe just finding the pic for the 645i and yes its a schnitzel.....

Edit : Schnitzer not shnitzel.. tells me i'm hungry , but i'm not actually???? :lol:

mmm confusing ....

Edited by BMW POWER

I think the first two pictures are of different cars ..

If you look at the vent(or wat ever is called) behind the front wheels they are different .. and if you look at the back of the seats of the first pic there is little triangular things there and doesn't look like there is any space between that and the seats .. where as if you take a look a the second picture the bit behind the seats looks quite differnet ..!!

The first two are of different cars. The first one is - I don't know. The second one is a z 07, which looks very similar to the z 08.

the z8...

Posted Image

Guest Spargo

Sorry Graeme, i've never seen that before! The 2nd couple of pics are the Z 07, (ie: a Z8). The Z07 vert looked badass because it has a couple of speedster humps, ala the Jag XKSS.

The cues suggest some sort of ultra butchered 507. Look at the lights in the grille.

Yeah i was looking at that last night, that top one is a very strange car...

The Z7 is cool though. :lol:

Sorry Hybrid, but i have done some researching and neither are what you claim them to be (and no i am NOT a know it all). They are very similar in looks, but not quite.

I will post pics to prove my statement.

I stand highly corrected after following your links :D

Very nice vehicle indeed ... but I cant help wonder how useless that car will be in a lot of counrties .. you would want to park it with those gullwing doors ..

Im thinking it'll be for the american market only .. As the germans are not really into that sh*t ...

Yeah, why does the world have to bow down to America?

Hmmm they think they own the world... they don't.

Yeah its a nice car i think.... I would buy it (with what money i do not know :ph34r: ) but gull wings are pretty useless, just there for show. They look cool though...

Ahhh went to BMW yesterday.. saw the 645i .. and it reminded me of how beautiful it is (I think pretty much everyone at Cooke Howlison loves it) Can't wait for the M6 :wub:

Emma.