Sign in to follow this  
APT

FL M20B25 Vaccum hoses

Hey guys

Been driving my e30 all today and am really starting to get sick of the hunting idle , its at 750 then hunts to maybe 500rpm, ive cleaned both ICV and AFM changed the rubber intake boot for a brand new one. Now i just think it could be the 'other vaccum' hoses.

Which ones should i check or are most common to crack? as i dont have a clue where to start. <_<

Thanks

Andrew

Is your lambada (exaust one) sensor plugged in?

mine did some stupid idley crap when it wasn't.

Start with the hose cling from the top of the rocker cover, they are a common cause for vacuum leaks. All five million of them all break at some point.

There is a spray you can buy, ember I think it is, spray it on your hoses, the leak will suck it in and change the tone of the engine, pin pointing where the leak is. Ray (hellbm) told me this many years ago, never actually tested it out though.

Good luck.

Also, not all cars came with a lambda/oxygen sensor. Check if you even have one first.

Thanks man trying to find it now aye so many different hoses. on a side note, my camshaft is a little bit worn could the irregular idling be causing this ?

Was told it was a 'Bigish' Job by Glenn maybe i should just m50 it lol.

dont think its the cam because the issue is new and the worn cam has been there in the time it was ideling ok and ideling irregularly

Was told it was a 'Bigish' Job by Glenn maybe i should just m50 it lol.

Did you try adjusting the tappets yourself Andrew ? or did you take the rocker cover off to check the camshaft ?

If you did, you may have the adjustment wrong or you have disturbed something.

When I looked at it for you the other day the idle seemed to be fine. And yes I did say it was a biggish job if the camshaft needed replacing, but it needs to be checked first. It may not be worn.

I think Quicksilver means Ether ("Engine Start"). (carburettor cleaner or propane recommended on other websites too.)

Could be anywhere - even your oil cap may not be sealing or your tappet cover gasket may be leaking.

If you can't see/hear the leak ether may be the go.