Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

www.sella.co.nz

Hey guys. Extremely pissed off with Tardme at the moment. So went looking for an alternative. And found trademe again. But Free and called Sella.co.nz.

Good points

Free

Lets you list your mobile and other details in the auctions

Same user interface as tardme.

Free

I reckon we need to support little ones like this. Trademe just gets more and more expensive every other day. And some of their rules are set purely because of greed.

www.sella.co.nz

example

http://www.sella.co.nz/motoring/auto-parts...-wheels/54c64h/

Used it a few times aswell. Also has a few features trademe dosent have. Items are sometimes cheaper aswell, as sellers dont hike the price up to compensate for the fees.

Yeah people really need to get behind another site. Even if it is to just get the monopoly to drop its prices.

I've used sella a few times, including buying tickets to LA from Air NZ!!

The variety isn't there yet, and it seems the only popular auctions are Air NZ's ones.

actually one thing i see that needs attention is due to being free its flooded with dealer listings i would say put them in a different section maybe labeled "normal cars but more expensive"

I've seen it before but as said it doesn't have the variety yet. The BMW car parts on sella has 17 listings while on trade me its got over 1400 usually. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a free auction website. I'm getting tired of trade me's fee's for everything but you're paying for over 45,000 users online at that site all of the time. You just can't beat that exposure. When Sella get more well know and is used more then maybe I'll switch over but I doubt it will be for a long time.

yea trade me is getting a bit like abay in the states etc . they charge heaps in fees

Yep, Nick021 has a point, Trademe maybe expensive but it is probably still cheaper when you consider the number of people and with a large number of bidders, you end up with your expected price or higher.

Selling on sella.co.nz probably means you will need to accept a lower price since there is not enough interested people around to bid.

I have known sella.co.nz for nearly two years now, have worked with them before. I think they are now part of APN Media. You needs listings for people to come, but you need people to come in order to get more listings. It's a hard one, which one comes first? They might stick around long enough to compete aggressively with Trademe

actually one thing i see that needs attention is due to being free its flooded with dealer listings i would say put them in a different section maybe labeled "normal cars but more expensive"

yep an option to include dealer/private listings might be useful, but I've always found Private sellers have an emotional attachment to their cars and tend to ask for much higher. Dealer just looks at age & mileage and put up price.

they need to advertise... i just stumbled upon it a year ago when i wanted something than trademe.. but if i wasn't googling i would not have found them..

they need tv advert. like what trademe did a few years back when it was just starting.

Been around for quite a while, If it gets big it will no doubt go down a similar track with trade me.Fee's will go up etc.

People moan about trademes fee's etc, But for the huge exposure you get its actually not that bad.

I have sold many items second hand for more than I paid for them new.

Been around for quite a while, If it gets big it will no doubt go down a similar track with trade me.Fee's will go up etc.

People moan about trademes fee's etc, But for the huge exposure you get its actually not that bad.

I have sold many items second hand for more than I paid for them new.

You are probably right, it's currently no fees to attract people. This is APN Media who have lost a large sum of money from classified ads to Trademe. They will be running sella.co.nz with a long term view of increasing revenue from classified ads.

Sold many 2nd hand items for more than you paid for new! <thumbs up> lol

NZ has had loads of "free" auction websites. Some still run today, but most have shutdown cos Trademe is just too big to compete with.