Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

M40 Manual Conversion

Hi Andrew, do some more homework, that box will not work with all the options you are suggesting, ask Ray.

Hi Andrew, do some more homework, that box will not work with all the options you are suggesting, ask Ray.

I have the same box in my car and thats the parts that differed to make it fit for me :S Getrag 240 is Getrag 240 isnt it? doesnt matter if it came from an M20 or an M40? will edit listing if im wrong. its listed as M40 and i doubt anyone would get it for thier M20 anyway because of the other stuff you need to get/modify

Edited by ethrty320

They use a Getrag 240 yes, But the bellhousing is different on the m40's compared to m20/m50 etc.

So Yes it will convert an m40 to manual. No it won't work any of the small 6 motors, on the 4cyl ones.

They use a Getrag 240 yes, But the bellhousing is different on the m40's compared to m20/m50 etc.

So Yes it will convert an m40 to manual. No it won't work any of the small 6 motors, on the 4cyl ones.

thanks man. will edit

Yeah, BMW being silly with their coding again, they have the same insides, different casing.

Try relisting... its not a silly price to ask if your selling the whole kit