Sign in to follow this  
deeveus

Ignorant Seller!

I've had my eye on this for a few days as I wanted to throw a towbar on it and use it to tow my fishing bike around this Christmas.

The seller won't provide details & as your unable to leave your contact number in the questions section how the hell are you supposed to get ahold of the person to view or even ask questions??? They responded to my last question then blacklisted me. They would neither release the registration plate details, I can understand this but for some reason I think they have a bit to hide!

I guess it's a no sale for them then!

Auction Visit My Website

looks like the plate number is: bmp344

Edited by Docile

People on TradeMe are idiots. I did leave my contact number on a car listing once, and TradeMe sent me a nasty 'warning' email about it, so I rang up the 0900 number and abused them about being so ridiculous; as I obviously wanted to view a $7000 car before buying. They apologised and then said they were wrong and that you are allowed leaving contact numbers on car listings :S

People on TradeMe are idiots. I did leave my contact number on a car listing once, and TradeMe sent me a nasty 'warning' email about it, so I rang up the 0900 number and abused them about being so ridiculous; as I obviously wanted to view a $7000 car before buying. They apologised and then said they were wrong and that you are allowed leaving contact numbers on car listings :S

I did it (left my phone number because the idiot wouldn't give theirs!) about two weeks ago on another camper listing and got boned by FailMe in an email stating that this was my first warning for leaving contact details in the Q&A function & words to the effect that subsequent repeats of this breach of the T&C will result in the removal of my account!?!?!?!

Edited by Clinton

looks like the plate number is: bmp344

Your a legend mate, I was trying to work this out before but thought it started with PM instead & thought this could be the only option as PM is around 1989-1990!

Useless to me now, they can FOAD if they are going to shag about like that. I'm a cash buyer & haven't got time for people like that, it's done 380,000km so it's probably poked in one way or another anyway.

Cheers.

I don't it about two weeks ago on another camper listing and got boned by FailMe in an email stating that this was my first warning for leaving contact details in the Q&A function & words to the effect that subsequent repeats of this breach of the T&C will result in the removal of my account!?!?!?!

That's the very same email I received. Email them back and tell them to get their head out of their ass - you will obviously want to view it before bidding :P

Don't worry Clint, the guy is obviously brain dead, he is selling a High School Musical Duvet Set too. Case and point.

I like his Trademe username

+1

You're allowed to share contact details on vehicle listings. If the vendor put his ph number in his personal details on his trademe account - it automatically shows up on the listing even.

It's not a bad way to get a persons details for another auction - search their previous listings for a vehicle sale and it's all right there.

From the TM T's and C's:

# You shall not list your email address, phone number or any other contact detail within the description of listings, listing comments and/or questions, in your member profile, or in the Trade Me message boards.

# Not withstanding the above, you may enter your appropriate contact details in the relevant contact detail fields of those listing categories which specifically provide for those details, i.e. Motors, Property, Jobs and classifieds.

Tell TM and the vendor to pull their heads in.

+1

You're allowed to share contact details on vehicle listings. If the vendor put his ph number in his personal details on his trademe account - it automatically shows up on the listing even.

It's not a bad way to get a persons details for another auction - search their previous listings for a vehicle sale and it's all right there.

From the TM T's and C's:

Tell TM and the vendor to pull their heads in.

also phone number can be entered in the pets lost or found section

and costs nothing to list

so " i lost my pet ant " etc

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pets-...n-259963042.htm

Thats a great idea...so long as people have the NOS to check your other listings

I don't think the seller is being that rude. You asked if he would take $4500 and he said no. Unfortunately you misinterpreted it as not giving out the rego number.

It was probably a bit over the top blacklisting you but there are a huge amount of muppets on Trade Me and unfortunately he has mistakenly perceived you as one of them.

He does state that he is selling on behalf and said he would get the seller to contact you if you left your number.

Seems more like a case of crossed wires to me :)

the fastfrogs members are all blacklisted by one seller and his 3 accounts because they keep correcting the mis-information in his advertisements...

I don't think it's right that people mis-represent goods.

I also don't think it's right for online car clubs to hound people selling things on trademe.

Don't we all have better things to do? (I suspect I know the answer to this).

Discussion is going in circles.

End.