Sign in to follow this  
M3_Power

$1 Reserve 42 Inch Plasma

Bit of useless info, but I had the exact same model, and had a similar Failure (5" wide black line down the picture).

Died 1yr out of warranty, went down the consumers guarantee act path (ie. not fit for purpose, did even come close to meeting the advertised 30,000hrs PDP life, no parts/repair support) and now have a Full HD 42" PDP as a replacement.

It was a bit painful, but so was paying $4500 in '06 and only getting a couple of years out of it.

Edited by E30-323ti

try hitting samsung nz (radiola) up .

this is why when i was selling these things , i would stair people into a panasonic or pioneer PDP

and not the korean or chineese brands

I knew it was a Samsung before I even clicked on the link lol

Bit of useless info, but I had the exact same model, and had a similar Failure (5" wide black line down the picture).

Died 1yr out of warranty, went down the consumers guarantee act path (ie. not fit for purpose, did even come close to meeting the advertised 30,000hrs PDP life, no parts/repair support) and now have a Full HD 42" PDP as a replacement.

It was a bit painful, but so was paying $4500 in '06 and only getting a couple of years out of it.

Yeah I know I probably could go down that path, but frankly I can't be bothered. Seems to be a common fault with this model, as I've seen at least 3 on trademe in the past with similar problem, all failing around the same age.

try hitting samsung nz (radiola) up .

this is why when i was selling these things , i would stair people into a panasonic or pioneer PDP

and not the korean or chineese brands

I knew it was a Samsung before I even clicked on the link lol

LOL

Bugger, just bought another Samsung too : \

Fingers crossed haha ...

Im keen.

I'll use the fault as an indicator I have been gaming for too long.

Bugger, just bought another Samsung too : \

Fingers crossed haha ...

Which one did you get now?

We have a newer Samsung 52" TV and never had any problems with it. Actually never had any problems with any of our Samsung products (home theater, phones, computer screens etc). I don't think its a bad brand or anything.

Yay winning at $1.50!

Edited by Kaz

Which one did you get now?

Series 6, 46 inch LED ... wife likes the exterior look of them : )

Personally I prefer the Panasonic Plasmas - just think they look a bit better watching movies, but the new Samsung LEDs definitely look pretty cool and well priced at the moment!!

Edited by M3_Power

Son't Samsung make all the components for most of the brands bar Sony?

Son't Samsung make all the components for most of the brands bar Sony?

Sharp make most of Sonys panels, Samsung make a lot of the other panels out there, there is a lot of OEM factorys out there as well