Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Sportmax 002

I know they are an aquired taste (and hence expect flaming) but im thinking of getting a set. what sort of tyres do you need to run to get them to clear the guards or is rolling the guards essential? Stretched tyre is ftw so am happy to do that. I have a set of 205/50/16s here with 80% tread so will they work?

Edit: ideally id like to hear from someone who has first hand experience and has/has tried to put 002's on thier car, but if anyone else knows let me know thanks

Edited by ethrty320

Why don't you contact our forum sponsor direct ? Johno @ Mag and Tyres Direct.

Use the "click" function on his logo... I'm sure "click" works... sometimes

If you want the right info...ask the right people

Johno may not be on the forum because I know he's very busy. Ring the Penrose branch

Why don't you contact our forum sponsor direct ? Johno @ Mag and Tyres Direct.

Use the "click" function on his logo... I'm sure "click" works... sometimes

If you want the right info...ask the right people

Johno may not be on the forum because I know he's very busy. Ring the Penrose branch

I feel using up his time in this busy part of the year unfair when i have a set already lined up and therefore wont be buying from him anyways, but ill ring when i get some time. meanwhile, anyone else run them?

Hi Andrew

what offset are the wheels? I think from memory they are around '0"? If they are anything less than a +10 offset I am pretty sure you will have to run a 195 wide tyre to give you a small amount amount of stretch. A 205 will not give you much stretch. Just to really confuse you different brand tyres sit differently on the rims as well and although they are the same width one brand may be narrower than another. What brand tyres do you have?

Hi Andrew

what offset are the wheels? I think from memory they are around '0"? If they are anything less than a +10 offset I am pretty sure you will have to run a 195 wide tyre to give you a small amount amount of stretch. A 205 will not give you much stretch. Just to really confuse you different brand tyres sit differently on the rims as well and although they are the same width one brand may be narrower than another. What brand tyres do you have?

yes they are the et0 ones. just trying to find out if they are the 7" or 8" wide versions. I have GTRadials. Do you think i will notice a difference in grip downgrading to 195s? i definately noticed an increase between 175s that were on there originally and the 205s on their now

I had 195s all round on my 7.5 wide rims and recently have gone 205 wide all round, noticed a big change in vibrations, drives so much better now in a straight line, plus its good having a directional rather than an asymetrical tyre... lasts longer as you can flip them etc.

yes they are the et0 ones. just trying to find out if they are the 7" or 8" wide versions. I have GTRadials. Do you think i will notice a difference in grip downgrading to 195s? i definately noticed an increase between 175s that were on there originally and the 205s on their now

the width of the rim will definitely make a difference as to where they sit. if you could find that out I can do some quick calculations for you and let you know where they will sit in realtion to your current rims.

Cheers

Johno

Ps what rims do you currently have?

the width of the rim will definitely make a difference as to where they sit. if you could find that out I can do some quick calculations for you and let you know where they will sit in realtion to your current rims.

Cheers

Johno

Ps what rims do you currently have?

I currently have Peice of sh*t 17x7 et42 FWD rims. so they sit further into the guards than stock and look horrible, especially with MT2. The et0 rims will make a huge difference in overall appearance. Im still waiting to hear back from the guy as to the width. Am i going to have to roll either way? The only person i know with them had pulled fenders before they were put on from different rims anyways so doesnt know if they clear stock guards.

(i was run off the road on my last 17s and buggered both left hand rims and had no money at the time and insurance wouldnt pay and so i had to get the cheapest rims i could in 17" as the tyres were brand new)

You will need the guards rolled and camber plates with a 8 inch wide 0 offset wheel. My car had 002's when I brought it and needed both, on a 205 tyre. With a 195 tyre you may get away without the need for camber plates but it will handle like arse.

Nope sold them ages ago. There are sets on trade me/ebay/ireland engineering etc etc. Decided to get the right sized and offset wheels instead, car wasn't handling that flash.

ypu could always just buy a set of our Alpina reps in 16" :D or our super deep dish wheels that are arriving in a few weeks :D

no need for any camber plates, or guard rolling!!

Nope sold them ages ago. There are sets on trade me/ebay/ireland engineering etc etc. Decided to get the right sized and offset wheels instead, car wasn't handling that flash.

oh true. i would have thought the handling would have been better because of the wheels being further out?

Edit: Just got a reply. they are 8" wide. so guard roll front and back, camber plates for the front and i should be good to go?

they are three piece wheels as you'll probably know so i could get a smaller outside drum put on them correct? any issue with the inner gaurds at all?

Edited by ethrty320

Edit: Just got a reply. they are 8" wide. so guard roll front and back, camber plates for the front and i should be good to go?

they are three piece wheels as you'll probably know so i could get a smaller outside drum put on them correct? any issue with the inner gaurds at all?

providing that you are not using any spacers the Sportmax wheels will sit out a further 54mm then your current wheels!

Are you sure they are 3 piece?? I thought they were just a single piece rim?

providing that you are not using any spacers the Sportmax wheels will sit out a further 54mm then your current wheels!

Are you sure they are 3 piece?? I thought they were just a single piece rim?

badass :P

your the expert lol. im pretty sure they are though

how much further in/out will the sit on the inside of the wheel if you know? have to look after my struts!

Edited by ethrty320

badass :P

how much further in/out will the sit on the inside of the wheel if you know? have to look after my struts!

heaps of the room on the inside, the new rims should sit about 30mm further out

ypu could always just buy a set of our Alpina reps in 16" :D or our super deep dish wheels that are arriving in a few weeks :D

no need for any camber plates, or guard rolling!!

Big thread jack-tell us more about these deep dish 16's.

Big thread jack-tell us more about these deep dish 16's.

im interested too as potentially an alternative

Ive got the 002's on my e30 with 205/45/16 tyres and they rub. definitly wouldnt go bigger, if i could go back and get new tyres i would probly go with 195s