Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

M50b25 or M52B28

looking for one of the above engines. either way just let me know what you have. preferabally if you have it still installed and so i can hear it running that would be great.

Edit: wellington would be excellent. north island is okay. and/or ZF Manual box

Edited by ethrty320

if you are trying to run it in your e30 you can run your current manual box. also it will make life alot easier if you get all the loom, ecu, immobiliser system, key , ign transponder from the same car, otherwise you will be spending lotsa $$$ and headaches at bmw getting modules coded etc etc.

Just letting you know.

if you are trying to run it in your e30 you can run your current manual box.

Yes you can, but it sits on an angle and stuffs up the shifter angle and you have to modify the gearbox crossmember or make another one.

I have a 240 box which while i know it will work, it needs to be rebuilt as second gear isnt flash when the car is cold. (Got a dodgy deal from a member on here who shall remain nameless and wouldnt provide a refund.) So i need a different one. does the 260 box need modification to the support as well?

if you are trying to run it in your e30 you can run your current manual box. also it will make life alot easier if you get all the loom, ecu, immobiliser system, key , ign transponder from the same car, otherwise you will be spending lotsa $$$ and headaches at bmw getting modules coded etc etc.

Just letting you know.

Do you think it would be a smarter idea to just buy a 328i parts car then? need to find one that someones crashed into

260 uses the same crossmember as the 240.

I have a mate who is making crossmembers for them if you are interested.

Same as this, but to suit a 240 / 260

Posted Image

I think you should stick with the m20 because by the looks of it in a few years a m20 e30 will be more unique than an e30 m50

260 uses the same crossmember as the 240.

I have a mate who is making crossmembers for them if you are interested.

Same as this, but to suit a 240 / 260

How much does he want for one? i cant weld at the moment (was going to do a summer course but turns out its part of my course at Tech next year anyways so i can wait) so that + a good 260 box will be cheaper than an E36 one. do you need to fab up a mount if you use the 250 or ZF box or is that bolt on?

I think you should stick with the m20 because by the looks of it in a few years a m20 e30 will be more unique than an e30 m50

haha you are probably right :P

Edit: not relating to above quote though.. i have a 240 gearbox from a M40 in the shed of unknown condition, will that bolt up as well or is it only M20 240 boxes that bolt up?

Edited by ethrty320

How much does he want for one? i cant weld at the moment (was going to do a summer course but turns out its part of my course at Tech next year anyways so i can wait) so that + a good 260 box will be cheaper than an E36 one. do you need to fab up a mount if you use the 250 or ZF box or is that bolt on?

Not sure, Ill ask him tomorrow.

If you get a gearbox that came off an m5x engine then it will sit at the right angle and you just use your original gearbox crossmember I believe (i havent used one myself). M20 E34's came out with a ZF, but that will sit at the wrong angle, so just because its a ZF dont assume it will sit right. It needs to be from a m5x car.

Boosted M20s ftw. Do it. Small jap turbo. 8psi. Skids.

i have a B20. not even worth it. id consider it if i had b25, though there are people with b25 still swapping to M5x