Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Tony's tire service.

Does anybody know about the free puncture repair thing with tony's tire service, I bought 4 new tires off them about 14 months ago and i just noticed i appear to have a slow leak in one of my tires.

I had a quick look at their site and it said something about the sticker on your car gets you free standard puncture repair for the life of the tire. Thing is I took my sticker off the car pretty much as soon as they put it on as i detest stickers all over my windows.

Anybody know anything about their free puncture repair policy at all ??.

ive taken my car there without the sticker and they have done it. they are pretty good to owners of modified cars as they are mostly young people running the place anyways

Thanks for that will drop in tomorrow and see if they will sort it out.

yea I hate lots of stickers too

I'd suggest taking the receipt in with you just in case

I've taken wheels in there before with punctured tyres, they repair them for free. But don't take priority on them, So don't be surprised if you have to wait all day.

Hi Jason. I went into the Armagh St outlet when I had a flat after I picked up a nail as they were the closest to where I was at the time. They kindly fixed the puncture immediately and for free even though I had never been there before... and I de-stickered as soon as I got home!

Downside was that the guy tried to fit me into some cheap Chinese tyres that were totally not suited to my car after he noticed a tyre close to non-WOF'able.

Nah they do that for everybody.

It's a good marketing ploy actually. If they repair the puncture you feel really good about Tonys because they did it for free. Then there are the times (and it's happened to me) that the puncture is in the sidewall (or you don't know the difference and they convince you it's stuffed anyway) and therefore can't be repaired and must be replaced - as a pair! So what are you going to do. Your car is on a hoist with wheel and tyre off? Your gonna ask them to replace it (them).

Clever marketing. Plus they get their sticker on your car for everybody else to see.

I just take them the complete rim. Did that with one of my rears a fortnight ago. I figure that set of tyres I bought off them about 6 years ago gives me free repairs for life :)