Sign in to follow this  
bruys

pixel repairs

Depends on what car you want the repair done for. I have read on a few other sites that places like these are just a rip off as all they do is send you a pdf file with the info in it that can be gathered from other forum boards around the net. One guy paid $$$ for repair on an E39 5 series and all he was sent was the file I have attached. Yip it fixed his problem but he could have easily have found this resource in many other bmw boards.

Attached is the pdf file enjoy :D

Pixel_repair_v05.pdf

Edited by M-Spec

has any one used these guys

just thought I would ask in case it is a waste of time and money

http://www.pixelfix.net/eng/

bm warehouse in hamilton has replacement parts for these and also white face gauges if you are interested talk to warren there 07 8466671, i think you have to send the unit to him and he will fix it for you .

Thanks for that I have a 1996 740i E38? I think ( yes Im new to this) great car but missing pixels are just annoying does any one have the download available like the one you had

cheers

If you don't want to DIY then Robinson Instruments Service in Auckland can do the job.

Very many thanks for posting that guide about how to 'gracefully' remove the console. I want to get mine fixed but wasn't sure how to take it out. Dont think I'm going to attempt the repair myself though!

Robinsons did a great job on my E39 cluster pixel problem. Drove the car in at 8am and out at 1pm same day with perfect repair. been 2 years now and still 100%

Robinsons did a great job on my E39 cluster pixel problem. Drove the car in at 8am and out at 1pm same day with perfect repair. been 2 years now and still 100%

How much did it cost you?

How much did it cost you?

I emailed them lastnight and got this price.

"The cost to repair the speedo cluster console would be approx $420 + gst. Replacement of pixels (if repair not possible) is approx $525 + gst.

Hope this helps you"

That's sending them the speedo cluster. Just over $500 - not sure if it's something I'll be doing any time soon, but it is on my to-do list.

I emailed them lastnight and got this price.

"The cost to repair the speedo cluster console would be approx $420 + gst. Replacement of pixels (if repair not possible) is approx $525 + gst.

Hope this helps you"

That's sending them the speedo cluster. Just over $500 - not sure if it's something I'll be doing any time soon, but it is on my to-do list.

Better than nearly a couple of grand for a new one.

My car had the pixel problem when I imported it nearly 5 yrs ago. I gave the cluster to Robinsons at the time (deal with them at work) & they were unable to fix. No other instrument repairers I spoke to here could either. I then found an outfit in the States on the net so sent the cluster to them - this cost me $500 inc freight each way.

Been perfect since.

I then put Robinsons on to them to get the procedure to fix.

This was all before any DIY repair info was on the net too.

+1 for what Glenn said had mine done a year ago cost me $330.00 odd. If you are inclined it is not hard but their are a couple of things to be aware of in doing it. Have a search for it I put up an item about it some time back a guy in the states goes through the whole procedure to repair them.

Allan