Sign in to follow this  
BlowMyWhistle

e30 screen washer

Hi Y'all, on behalf of my daughters 320 1989 e30...

The windsreen washers are blocked up, so I've attacked them with a fine wire & got one side going okay.

But under the bonnet in the centre is the T joiner. is it normal for the washer fluid to squirt out the 2 holes? Is there sum kind of valve there or is it just shot?

Cheers (Y'all)

its a 1 way valve to hold the water at the washer nozle for instant water at the press of the lever and they are very common to leak, as glenn said get a new one .

+1 on the T valve. Has happened to mine twice now. They are only around $12 from the dealer from memory.

I had a normal T piece in mine (for vacuum hose), Probably explains why you would push the level to spray and have to wait abit for the water to come. Didn't realize it was actually a valve <_<

Haha... I had the same problem, I didn't realise there was a valve either so I replaced the T-junction with a garden irrigation piece from Bunnings. I failed a warrant on that because the inspector insisted my screen washer didn't work.... however he hadn't held the lever on for long enough. Passed as soon as I showed him though.

Learn something new every day eh!