Sign in to follow this  
sxctme

CCFL angel eyes

Just gauging interest in CCFL angel eyes as a group buy

I have been in contact with a manufacturer in china that makes the CCFL angel eye rings. They will supply rings for E30 E32 E34, E36,E38, E39,E39(OEM),E46A+B,E46 2D/E87,E46 Compact(X3) ,E53(X5),Z3 for around 20USD which is just under $30nzd i think, plus shipping .This price is based on buying 30 units

Available colors: White /Red /Blue /Green /Purple /Yellow/orange

Each set is consist of following items :

4 CCFL rings

2 CCFL inverters

Clips and tapes to fit the rings and inverters

Installation manual

And have a one year warranty

They also do them for Toyota Corolla 2001-2004,Mazda 3, Mazda 5. Mazda 6

Honda CRV 2005, CRV2003, Honda FIT, TAZZ ,FIT (2008)

Ford Focus 2005 ,Mondeo 2002-2005,

CAMRY02-03, CAMRY 03-06,Camry 2007

Volkswagen GOLF4 and Volkswagen GOLF5

The cheapist i have found for bmw is $100 -$120 on trademe so would be a big saving

If there is enough interest i will find out the shipping costs shouldnt be too much extra per unit tho

post-3376-1263009885.jpg

post-3376-1263009891.jpg

post-3376-1263009896.jpg

post-3376-1263009902.jpg

post-3376-1263009907.jpg

post-3376-1263009911.jpg

Edited by E34 525i

^^ Once again, another useless post. Nice one. :thumbsdown:

Dane, thats a pretty good price. Im keen on a set for the E36. Hopefully you can gather up another 29 people. Cheers

Hi, I could be keen. Maybe even for three sets.

1 x (E46 - Face Lift)

1 x (E46 - Pre Face Lift)

1 x (E36)

Keep me updated.

Cheers.

Edited by curryinahurry

What is the quality of this unit like?

Could be keen on a set for the mondeo

Well according to them "same quality as those from United States, Japan, Taiwan and other developed countries and regions" I guess if they can warranty them they cant be too bad I might see if they will send a smaller shipment as a test run to see what they are like

Attached a pic of mondeo ones

post-3376-1263013797.jpg

To be honest I can't at all see that the quality is going to be the same as a $200 set of angels with lifetime warranties.

I looked into angel eyes for over a year until I settled on a set of Orions from Umnitza. Might be more expensive but worth it.

From all the people I have met through trade me dealings and through Bimmersport I can easily say over 70% have had problems with cheap trade me kits.

You get what you pay for. My 2c.

To be honest I can't at all see that the quality is going to be the same as a $200 set of angels with lifetime warranties.

I looked into angel eyes for over a year until I settled on a set of Orions from Umnitza. Might be more expensive but worth it.

From all the people I have met through trade me dealings and through Bimmersport I can easily say over 70% have had problems with cheap trade me kits.

You get what you pay for. My 2c.

I doubt they are top of the range like your set, but just thort its worth a try If they are going to stop working it would hopefully be within the first year and then they are under warranty. And if not hey they were only $30 bux no big drama You do get what you pay for But i guess how much does a plastic ring and some little lamps really cost to manufacture ? and these are straight from the manufacturer so no middle men which might contribute to the cheap price. Dont know till someone trys them i guess

I'm guessing red angel eyes wouldn't go down very well with the cops would they?

I'm guessing red angel eyes wouldn't go down very well with the cops would they?

LOL probably not i had red leds in my celica and never got pulled up on it but i guess it depends on the officer. By law red or blue is illegal

no E30?

/thread.

Yep e30 e32 and e34 are the same unit i will add them to the list

I'll take a white E46 set and a white E30 set at around $30 . Just let us know of the final price :D

White + Compact + $30 = Win

I'll get a set to

Sweet looks like we will have 30 in no time They are getting back to me on frieght will keep you guys posted

I will take a set for my E36, This is a good way to try them out at a cheap price, Run them for a month or so and if you like them and the way they look then i would look at investing in a higher quality set like Nicks. :D

Just for the record so people know. I bought a cheap set off Trade Me and have had them in my car for around a year now and havent had a single problem with them at all. They go mint

Ok guys shipping is $6.50 per unit @ 30 units using ups frieght approx delivery 3-4 days Im just waiting to hear back if there are any taxes\gst or anything ontop of it dont know how it all works over there but hopefully thats the total cost ! they also do LED tail lights. I also asked them about the quality they said less than one in every 100 would have a problem and then are replaced under warranty

At that price you could import 30 sets yourself and sell them on for atleast double that couldnt you?

At that price you could import 30 sets yourself and sell them on for atleast double that couldnt you?

Lol yeah i guess you could...But now you guys all know how much they cost haha was really just trying to get a couple sets for myself but i dont want to have to buy 30 sets

What happens if there is a problem? Do we have to ship them back to China?

Good question, I will find out for you