Sign in to follow this  
Gazza95

Light Tinting

hey guys, just wondering what you can use to tint lights? don't have enough money to by smoked lights

thanks guys

Spray tint. But not legal, but if you spray it nice & thin so its not too dark you should be fine for WOFs.

you can do it on the inside and they will pass you as long as you can see light from 100m away (iirc on the distance, may be 200m) from experience with Captain Anal at VTNZ

Yup its illegal, ive got mine done and been pulled over many a time with no hassels,

Its called VHT tint spray or nightshades from repco its about $30 and spray lots of very thin even coats.

I did mine like that and they're almost black but when the lights come on they're just as bright as normal if not clearer because of the contrast with the black

My old lights I used that spray tint. Made them black as (looked light as, but then once it dryed...ooops) :lol: but yes of course, once you light them up you will see them, but you need a reflection when lights hit them which they do not.

mine reflect still not as well as they should admittedly (if a cops on your ass they light up so good enough for me!), i let each coat dry a lil and done about 10 very thin coats, you probably just did a few really thick ones..

My rears are all good :) do it

I have some fresh cans at home. Will take $15 a can think i have 3x VHT niteshade

Thanks

emphasis on the "lots of THIN coats" its easy to get carried away with the can and trust me it allll turns to sh*t. Mayb even get someone to show you how to do it

you can do it on the inside and they will pass you

This

I did mine like that and they're almost black but when the lights come on they're just as bright as normal if not clearer because of the contrast with the black

And this are retarded.