Sign in to follow this  
bellicose

Time wasters?

Who else here runs their own business and goes out of their way to try and help others out. Either with goods, services, prices, you get told yeah yeah when can you do it then they don't bother.

I'm tired of it......yes it's part of doin' business with the public but come on.

Example: A full respray on a mid-sized car, same colour, outside only $1200-$1500. Or inside/outside $1800-$2200. I stand by all my work and as i work from home i can't run away and hide IF there's a problem.

It seems people still equate "cheap" with crap work/service. Well i've won many awards for my work but if people don't want to take advantage then their loss i guess.

Bit of a rant but also i'm interested if others have had similar experiences.

It happens all the time... I get it too.... people book cars in.....dont ring...dont turn up....

NO RESPECT

Then turn up later without a booking and expect you to do it straight away... then grizzle because you can't

It happens all the time... I get it too.... people book cars in.....dont ring...dont turn up....

NO RESPECT

Then turn up later without a booking and expect you to do it straight away... then grizzle because you can't

That's it Glenn, pure simple respect, that's what's lacking these days it seems.

Guest kis

I dont have anything to complain about, but can I just pull up a chair and buy you two a pint ?

Im 100% in agreement with the comments so far :D

I dont have anything to complain about, but can I just pull up a chair and buy you two a pint ?

Im 100% in agreement with the comments so far :D

You could mate but either you or Glenn would have to drink it as i don't drink lol.

Who else here runs their own business and goes out of their way to try and help others out. Either with goods, services, prices, you get told yeah yeah when can you do it then they don't bother.

I'm tired of it......yes it's part of doin' business with the public but come on.

It's not just doing business with the general public these days, even big companies treat their suppliers like dirt and walk all over them.

The lack of respect, as Glenn so correctly put it, now exists in many areas of business, even with companies that spend millions of dollars on PR campaigns to tell the world what a caring, responsible company they are!!

Customer - supplier relationships should be mutually benficial whatever the line of business, the "Customer Is King" idea has been taken too far by many people and companies IMHO. My view point is to give what you receive and know who the "good" customers are, if they go out of their way to work with you do the same in return. Not always easy in a recession, but its at times like these that you realise who the customers are you want to keep, and those you would rather went elsewhere.

NO RESPECT

+1

Can't really add to that

+1

Can't really add to that

And that's why we have problems in here on the forum

It's not just doing business with the general public these days, even big companies treat their suppliers like dirt and walk all over them.

I'd like to think that we dont. It works both ways, our suppliers often let us down but are also willing to help us out whenever they can. Swings and roundabouts. Often we'll change our plans (as long as we aren't out of pocket) if it can help them out, particularly the ones that look after us.

And that's why we have problems in here on the forum

Glenn

I wasn't implying that I have problems with Bimmersport members, in fact I am pretty lucky that 99% of the people I have dealt with on here have been really great to deal with and I appreciate their business. My comment was more aimed at the general public. :)

The biggest issue I have is people continually EXPECTING to get a bigger discount or something cheaper than we have quoted, even though we are already the best price around. (again not aimed at Bimmersport members)

Edited by zenetti

When I was at Beaurepaires in Newmarket I always went that extra mile for the "good" customers and they always came back and brought their mates with them. The "customers" that pissed me off got back what they gave me. They soon learnt and I would say 50 to 60% of them became "good" customers in the end. i wasn't rude to them I just did what I had to and left it there.

I opened my own workshop and a fair few of the "good" guys followed me. Most didn't even ask for a quote for work to be done.

My experience with most people is you treat me with respect and you wont believe how far I will go for you. The rest well I can do without the agro.

All in all I don't deal with the public now and I am a lot happier.

My comments weren't aimed directly at people here either.... its a general attitude that some people have out there. Talk to most business owners and they seem to experience the same thing. Tagging is another pet hate of mine to, which in my mind is a waste of space and a lack of respect for other people and the environment that we have to live in. A dairy I drive past every day gets tagged every night and gets painted everyday. I really feel sorry for the owners

I hate people who genrally have no sole purpose... just cause sh*t for everyone else to deal with. (Taggers, Vandals, ect)

Being in the service industry myself, I have learned the hard way that there is no such thiing as good Karma !!

Many a time I have tried to help customers ( both businesses and public ) with good deals, not charging the real time spent etc, and just about every time, they will not appreciate it, or worse go buy stuff from opposition companies.

I still remember when I fixed photocopiers, we had one a local branch of a NZ wide company, which was on a cash servicing basis - they never wanted to spend any money on it, so for years we kept it going with spit and polish, finally they replaced it with another brand, and told us that our one was a piece of sh*t, even though we had been pleading with them to fit new parts to it !! :unsure: :unsure:

So, I guess to the original poster - you are not alone, and it is not you - it seems that everybody wants something for nothing, and expect it, and then don't appreciate it!!

Edited by camera doctor

We get it in the IT world also... I don't so much deal with the public as internal employees and very often its AHHHH I need this fixed NOW! to do my work, higher up managers get involved as it's mission critical.... You call them up and they are too busy, they then say they will call you back when they are free and never do, then you get blamed for not fixing the problem and causing delays to the project.

it's not just customers either

the younger staff in this company have no respect and that shows in their quality of work and level of service they provide our customers

not all young people are like that though, one of my best staff members is 23

Hello Bellicose and Happy New Year to you.

It is one of the many frustrations of running a business these days and dealing with the general public only increases that frustration unfortunately. As the standards of our society fall away this problem in my opinion will only increase. The "respect" angle as mentioned before is a major part of this and needs to be re enforced in all of us young and old. In saying that is the lack of respect shown to others a lack of respect for them self and they know no different. A hard one to solve but never the less frustrating to deal with one of the many joys(lol) of being a member of the human race.

Have always tried to deal with others as I would like to be dealt with in return.

Allan

get it daily, part of the job. people asking for same parts on a weekly basis but never showing up even up to a year later.

My paint job cost me a manual conversion 0$ trade full respray inside and out and all fell together within a few days so I hope this isnt what has set you off. If this hadnt happened def would have brought the car down on a trailor to you also,

Your price was the cheapest cash quote I have heard of by far.

Think really 99% of people now are retarded. Get it all the time and I don't even own a business.

I owned businesses for years & got to the point where I reckoned the only good business was one with no customers & no staff :o -so I sold up & starting breeding dogs!!!! :lol:

I've stopped breeding... I keep fixing dogs :o I've got it wrong then ??

Edited by *Glenn*