Sign in to follow this  
M3NTIL

tinting problem

hey

i have one quick question ,i just got my m3 tinted and on the back window it looks like he cut the back window a bit short , it goes from 10mm to nothing on the other side ,its on the dot matrix so it dosent look to bad , he said it has to be like that so the water runs out but i thinking im getting the ripped off !!

do u think im getting rippped off or am i just reading in to it to much???

Does it stick out like dogs balls ?

Maybe go ask another tinter what they think of it and if they would do the same.

umm usually the tinting is done on the inside of the windows, im not sure about the rear screen. my rear screen has no gaps or anything around it. if it looks like it is odviously a sh*t job then get him to redo it.

Mate, its really obvious, deffinatly get them to fix it up but if its something thats barely noticable then perhaps just think about it haha but if it bothers you just pay and get it redone.. and plus tints usually look better a few weeks after they have been done they usually look sh*t when they are first done from what I have seen.

Welcome aboard by the way man

If it's on the dot matrix and you can't see it from the outside it should be fine.

The water run off part is also correct. But really shouldnt be more than 10mm.

anyone recommend a decent tinting place in auck? planning on sending the 3. prices?

anyone recommend a decent tinting place in auck? planning on sending the 3. prices?

i wouldn't recommend A1 tinting,

people say tint-a-car is gud

Tint-a-car is the best place for tints, andy pity you didnt ask here first huh?!

haha yea i was kicking myself coz i found this site a day after i got it done :wacko:

Never try Tint-a-car but they are a bit pricey quoted me $350 for the basic film on my e46 coupe.

I had 2 previous car done at Church Street, Penrose at $250 each using US made Johnson film, my first car is now 7 years sinces it's been done. No defects, bubble nor fade, very happy.

tint a car quoted me $350.... sh*t... hows the reach into my pocket just coz i have a bmw.....

Never try Tint-a-car but they are a bit pricey quoted me $350 for the basic film on my e46 coupe.

I had 2 previous car done at Church Street, Penrose at $250 each using US made Johnson film, my first car is now 7 years sinces it's been done. No defects, bubble nor fade, very happy.

I had mine done at the same place, the guy did a great job. I got a significantly better price too. PM me if anyones interested.

There is a lot of glass area in the 307 and i paid about $400 for tint-a-cars F1 tint...

Amazing job, very friendly... I felt very comfortable paying that much as i knew i would get a good job and a good product.

I've seen some of the cheaper tint films and i've not been impressed with them...

but $350 for a e36 coupe.... prob the xtra $100 for removing the tint on just the back 1/4 glass. lol