Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

Door Stuck shut

My left rear door is stuck closed for some stupid reason. It was off and put back on. Door is straight. Wont open from inside or outside latch. It's as if kiddy lock is on? But the outside won't open it. Can't pull it.

Release latch somewhere inside??

sounds like u need to re adjust your central locking solenoid, try winding down window, use key on outside and open with the inside handle at same time.

sounds like u need to re adjust your central locking solenoid, try winding down window, use key on outside and open with the inside handle at same time.

Its a 4 door Mike

Release latch somewhere inside??

Unfortunately .... no... and kiddy locks only work on the inside handle... you should know that

Edited by *Glenn*

Ive had it happen in the past, generally when the batterys been disconnected and the driver door has been locked when this has been done. using key will seem like its stiff and wont open but sometimes if you use the inner door handle and turn the key at same time it will open. or... maby i just drink too much haha.

The doors haven't had power to them in a long long time. I must have mis-aligned the locking latch I guess.

Yeah I know the kiddy lock only does the inside door... But I said it's 'as if' kiddy lock is on.

The inside handle acts as if the door is locked and I can't pull on it at all if the door lock is down. If the door lock is up it comes out abit but acts as if the door is locked.

The outside handle comes out as normal, But doesn't release the door.'

Time to weld / shave the rear doors? :rolleyes:

Edited by e30ftw

Nope its all stripped. Can't see or feel crap, I've pulled the cover so I can see in the door etc.

Nope its all stripped. Can't see or feel crap, I've pulled the cover so I can see in the door etc.

ok sweet that makes things easier try loosining the two screws that hold the central locking motor in place

I was tryna find where it is lol, and in the process I pushed the door abit and the door pushed off the lock and opened abit without even touching the handle. Then i got it open from the outside cos it had caught into the latch I guess.

Going to re-align the door and lock now, it seems to be way off lol.. whoops. <_<

Edited by e30ftw

No Glenn. The door is fitted fine. The latch must be a pin d*ck out of line because the lock meets with it correctly, but when it closes it won't open without some force and not using the door handle.

I mean, unless I am missing the 'door lock' alignment tool, I guess it's abit of a trial / error thing lining it up.

I've deleted 10 posts. Stop being a bunch of immature assholes. If you are not able to help John, then keep your mouths shut.

I'm particularly disappointed about those that are supposedly older and wiser, and should know better (Glenn, Will).

And James, who asked you?

Keep this crap out of the forum.

Well done Graham,

It seems to me both Andrew & John have been singled out for "special treatment" & its time some of you just buttoned up & let them run their threads-its getting f**king boring!!!

Sure they might sometimes be a bit brash & cocky but who wasnt at their age.

They should be getting credit for having the balls to even take on these projects not getting flamed every time they open a thread.

How did you guys learn your skills?-no doubt from having a go & making plenty of cock ups & I bet you didnt have a bunch of smartarses flaming you at every turn.

And that is my 2c.

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top