Sign in to follow this  
Aaron

Boston Green 4dr E36 M3 on Trademe

I looked at that 4dr e36 M3 on trademe that was asking 27k last week and is now 22k. Has 72k on clock but is Uk import with 42miles on cluster is a one owner car so i was hoping condition would be pretty up there.

What a letdown, very average condition for a relatively low km for year car.

Anyone with a E36 M3 4dr in top nick for sale let me know please.

Cheers

Curious to know more specifically what lets it down (only because it looks to be in very good condition from the pictures).

Owner said he lived on Waiheke Is for a few years and car was parked in outside carpark in auckland for the duration, all outside rubber looks stuffed, windscreen rubber seal brittle, cracked and warped. Every other piece or rubber looks awful. Front bumper has large crack near lower foglight where he clipped a low curb. Leather inside is grim, never been conditioned and the guy smokes in car. Under hood and boot lots of surface rust on all exposed bolts, all four gas struts are rusting. The elements have taken there toll.

Bummer really. Would love a mint car, but not a yellow one. Now im entertaining getting a Wrx Sti as alternative, for less money you can get a much later year, superb condition and with alot around you can pick and choose how modified you want. Performance is pretty amazing, yep, i know has pros and cons.

Yeah - I've noticed **some** of my rubbers are starting to suffer (door handles, corner of the rear windscreen). Not that bad though (hence the reason I was curious, as mine is a well cared for '96 ---> looking at the pics the green one seems to be even better condition but pictures often lie). The other stuff is more worrying and I see why you're not keen on it.

When I saw your post, I wondered if I'd offer you mine but I don't think I should. For the money (+/- 5-10k) I can't find anything else I'd prefer.... Plus mine's brown (Byzanz), which is an acquired taste.

Just be patient - something will crop up and they rarely sell quickly.

Guest Simon*

Is a 4 door one a must?

This Coupe is really nice

Member's car

Really disappointing to hear about the condition of the 4 door Aaron. Shame that it's been neglected like that

Yeah i do like the brown color, unusual. I have 2 kids so the 4dr is way more practical over the coupe. Gonna get my car ready to sell, have a work van so i can take my time replacing car.

Wouldnt it be easier not to care about cars and be happy with a bog standard Japa. Cant change how your wired up tho:)

Saw that m3 coupe in the weekend. Very tidy example...

Is a 4 door one a must?

Is this hamish's car? (hamish_m3)

Where did you see us? or did you see it at kingsland

Is a 4 door one a must?

Saw that m3 coupe in the weekend. Very tidy example...

Thanks guys but this thread isn't for my car!

But I would have to agree it is a very tidy car:p

Have had huge interest in it, not sold as yet...

No hurry though still in NZ for two more months.

If anyone is interested please get in touch.

Cheers

Hamish

Saw it parked in mission bay, unless it was another members car?

Saw it parked in mission bay, unless it was another members car?

Drphta that was me out in mission bay, I'm don't think (hope) that there wouldnt be another black evo with white leather in the country!

Have got a guy flying up from Wellington on Saturday to check it out. Results from the pre purchase check are fantastic for an eleven year old car! Now I better give it a clean.

Still if anyone is interested in the car be in touch.