Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Winter project

After our let down over a BBQ... Ive decided to build a trailer with a 6 burner BBQ, rotissere, Fridge, deep freeze, sink & pressurised water, sound system, lighting, generator, batteries and may be a TV.. to take along for meets... any other sencible suggestions would be taken into consideration. I wont make it to big, so that it can be towed by anything at 100kph. Is there anyone here who might be able to help with bits at the right price?... I'm not asking for anything for free... I'll own it and maybe hire it out to other groups or clubs as well

Edited by *Glenn*

run a few car batteries in the base with an alternator hooked up to the axles to allow it charge the sound system while it's been driven???

run a few car batteries in the base with an alternator hooked up to the axles to allow it charge the sound system while it's been driven???

^^^ added to the list

I can supply any welding gear and welding cable (can be used as power or earth cable, Sizes from 16mm-75mm) that is needed free of charge.

Can courier whatevers needed just let me no Glenn.

That is such an awesome idea, can't wait to see it finished... the ultimate man's trailer.

Slam it on some 17" BBS RS's haha

Guest Ari Gold

Glenn, dunno if you've spoken to Tom already this morning, but I may be able to suss just about everything you require. PM'ing you now.

I can get the fridge,freezer sound system cheap mate, can get seconds units from work or new at cheap cheap prices

Awesome idea Glenn, it's one that has crossed my mind many times but i've never actually done anything about it.

I can help with the design of it & any CAD or fabrication drawings.

Guest Simon*

This will definitely make us the coolest BMW-specific, although not-affiliated, non-prejudicial, private, public, badass, not-quite-car-club in Noo Zeeland!

We where looking at making something like this up a few years ago... I think i've still got the plans i drew up for it around somewhere i'll see if i can find them...

We where going to use things like marine grade head deck and speakers so a little water wouldn't matter.

we where contemplating things like getting a massive cooler (or plastic welding 3 smaller ones together) and putting in a drain plug (for melted ice runout) instead of trying to run a lpg/electric fridge. We i think decided on 2 coolers of a decent size one for drinks and one for food.

We where looking at using 2 x 9kg lpg bottles so should it be used for camping trips it would have no worries of running out (overkill). They where going to be stored in a square foam lined box with lockable hinged top.

A dry store for things like bread, chips, napkins, plates, etc...

Preferably all lockable, and if you wanted to get really trick you could use the central locking units from some old dead cars from Ray or someone and run it from an alarm/fob.

this sort of thing? cool idea

post-3878-1264107097.jpg

really depends on how hardcore you want this as a setup?

it's all $$$ in the end...

Something like this would be very kool and fairly easy to make...

Posted Image

but once you start adding sound systems, water stores (hand pump/electic pump), battery storage for electrical equipment/charging system, bbq + gas supply, coolers, a rubbish bin for recycling / general rubbish, etc.. you might run into size / weight issues...

just thinking are you thinking about a power outlet for running things like laptops (collecting photos, mp3 playback), lights, tv's, etc...

a input power should you be at a powered site to run the sound system, tv's and extra's...

Seeings as how your all bmw nuts, you could see about finding a 2/3 cut of a wagon and converting that. would make a great promo trailer for the club/brand.

Edited by DRTDVL

I can sort barbeque. In fact we have some really good 6 burners in stock that i'm sure would be perfect. Bloody awesome idea! :)

Seeings as how your all bmw nuts, you could see about finding a 2/3 cut of a wagon and converting that. would make a great promo trailer for the club/brand.

I have a 750iL.. there would be enough room for a spa pool aswell, but none of your E30's would be able to tow it... mind you there will probably be enough room to add an E30 transporting deck aswell to tow you all home when you break down.

Guest Simon*

I have a 750iL.. there would be enough room for a spa pool aswell, but none of your E30's would be able to tow it... mind you there will probably be enough room to add an E30 transporting deck aswell to tow you all home when you break down.

Haha too true. Careful Glenn you don't want it to turn into a mobile workshop! ;)