Sign in to follow this  
e30_capri

M20b27 stroker help... Please?

Hey there

Ive been searching all over the net for information on building m20b27 engines and have all bar a few facts i need.

I have the following:

885 head complete

M20b27 block complete(well until last night that is), it has the the casting no. [27 6E A]. Now I believe that there were two slightly different types of m20b27, and I am led to believe I have the higher compression one. The pistons have an approximately 1mm raised centre and I think the other ones have a dished piston? I am stuggling to find the info I need. I had a magazine i got off mark247 but im blowed if i can find it. It had all the info about the above and i think i saw someones scan of it on here but cant find it. It was a uk BMW mag perhaps?

Can any one tell me what compression ratio this block/engine is? It came out of a german assembled 1986 525e and had the 200 head and motronic ignition, also was an auto. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Pete.

Edited by e30_capri

Woohoo!!!!! cheers peoples my head is finally out of the sand, i have the 11.1:1 bottom end therefore should end up with around 10.4:1 CR and my bottom end seems to be fairly well within factory wear tolerences so am pretty happy now :lol: . Ok so any recommendations on places to purchase rings bearings gaskets etc, any bad experiances with certain brands. Can PM me if you dont want to go dishing dirt for everyone to see!

Cheers heaps, Pete.

Woohoo!!!!! cheers peoples my head is finally out of the sand, i have the 11.1:1 bottom end therefore should end up with around 10.4:1 CR and my bottom end seems to be fairly well within factory wear tolerences so am pretty happy now :lol: . Ok so any recommendations on places to purchase rings bearings gaskets etc, any bad experiances with certain brands. Can PM me if you dont want to go dishing dirt for everyone to see!

Cheers heaps, Pete.

euromarketing (barry ) in mangere for rings ,bearings etc

Sweet cheers thanks for all your help folks, will do a project thread one day, need a decent camera first though.

I had a magazine i got off mark247 but im blowed if i can find it. It had all the info about the above and i think i saw someones scan of it on here but cant find it. It was a uk BMW mag perhaps?

You lost my magazine! :P

Edited by Mark247

yea i think it mighta grown legs!!!!!! grrr