Sign in to follow this  
Wervie67

cluster bulbs

Hi all,

after putting it off for a while i decided today to change the bulbs in my cluster that have been blowen since i bought it.

although firstly i cant seem to get the bulbs out of the holder (any tricks?). and after a trip to supercheap i cant find any bulbs that will take their place.

anyone know where to find them, preferably in christchurch

here are the old bulbs, very crusty

post-4372-1264292934.jpg

post-4372-1264292937.jpg

Edited by Wervie67

Any dealer would be the way to go, or if you know someone with a spare cluster maybe borrow some bulbs off them.

I got some for nothing at the wrecker.

make sure you test everything before putting it back in, a few of mine stopped working due to not being twisted properly, now my Fuel light doesn't work at all.

I bought mine at 10pm on a saturday night from a petrol station. They pulled out of the little plastic holder easy enough for me. Just make sure you replace them all or they will be all different brightnesses.

Edited by Mark247

I fitted a new stereo to the E34 six months ago and all the bulbs blew, removed the cluster, refitted then the airbag light came on.

all working now, went to jeff grey, said they didnt have any (liars) but suggested i stop off at Repco

went there, and they practicaly gave them to me, $2 a bulb, so i bought a few spare :D

cheers guys