Sign in to follow this  
323e30

Why Cant anyone install Automatic gearboxes!

i think he has tried that. but hes worried that these 'thugs' are threatening to damage his workshop if he doesnt refund. extorsion of a sort

This can be a problem. Security cameras? I suppose that could be costly. If he has already tied to tell them this, yet they chose to ignore it perhaps it would be a wise option to get the boys in blue involved and a great insurance company?

Surely though losing a couple customers won't be much in the long run... especially if they are going to be a hassle every time they buy something.

Surely though losing a couple customers won't be much in the long run... especially if they are going to be a hassle every time they buy something.

When your threatened... the ball game changes... especially with gangs... believe me

In the past I've been involved with motorbikes... and have many friends out there you wouldn't even want to have a beer with... I'll say no more.. Mike may have a problem with someone.. if he doesnt have the resourses, he might have to do what he is doing.

You still have to weigh up the odds Mike.

Think about how many customers are sweet and are a pleasure to deal with. Every company has to deal with assholes. Your Dad would surely reassure you that.

You can win some fights, I've seen that. I guess some who pick up parts just assume they can treat you like a dumb ass cos' Synthe looks small. That gearbox dude ended up coming back after the fight with an apoligy.

If you don't chuck it in (I really think that'd be a shame if you did) look into ways of avoiding messes. Like having a little agreement which the buyer has to sign. Maybe start getting those guys in Manukau to check out your gearboxes before you sell them, and get them to write out proof that they're fine? So the buyer doesn't have a leg to stand on. They'll stop their bitching and moaning. Most did which I saw when I was working for Synthe.

Good Luck.

When your threatened... the ball game changes... especially with gangs... believe me

In the past I've been involved with motorbikes... and have many friends out there you wouldn't even want to have a beer with... I'll say no more.. Mike may have a problem with someone.. if he doesnt have the resourses, he might have to do what he is doing.

The workshop im in now is my fathers old "Takanini Motorcycle Wreckers" I wouldnt be surprised if you have met him in the past if you were involved with motorbikes he was in the game for about 15 years "Henry"

But yes issue this time is they are most likely the type to start sh** . If it were to go to court they will have no case as ive clearly outlined that there is no warranty if they dont have a qualified professional install it. They admitted that a non qualified person installed the box and they have no receipts so im just letting it settle for now hopefully it ends at that.

Ive had a think and have decided to get into selling European cars and start importing again. Will keep wrecking but at a lower level, mainly just to continue supplying the race series.

good to hear Mike. Would be silly to see you lose so much due to a few silly buggers.

Yeah keep with it man, Have bought countless amount of parts of you over the past year. Do I dare add it all up Lol :wacko:

I haven't bought much, but it's all been good quality hardware!