Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Great car restoration TV series

While searching for new Wheeler Dealers episodes to watch I stumbled across a series called "A Car is Born" where British television personality and amateur mechanic Mark Evans builds a Cobra kit car from scratch.

Turns out this is the first of many different vehicle restorations he has done. I've since watched "A Car is Reborn" where he restores an E-Type Jag and I'm currently watching "An MG is Born" about the restoration of an MGB Roadster.

Mark Evans is a bit of a goober and his jokes are pretty cheesy sometimes, but the programmes are very entertaining and informative. It almost makes me want to tackle a restoration project myself! :)

A quick Google for "Mark Evans" shows many more series in the same vein as these. I'm currently downloading "A Racing Car is Born" about his build of a Lotus 7 kit car for clubman racing. He's even restored a helicopter, an airplane, motorcycles, and a Range Rover purpose built for sport off-roading.

Here are the links to the three series readily available on Streetfire.net:

A Car is Born - AC Cobra 427 Replica

A Car is Reborn - Jaguar E-Type Roadster 4.2 Series I

An MG is Born - 1974 MGB Roadster

Link to Mark Evans website

Well worth a watch... even if you are pretty au fait with pulling a car to bits already.

Yes, a very good series. Been watching it on Discovery for a couple years now.

Latest one thats just been on sky is the Cobra one. Finished it a couple weeks ago. Worth watching!

Yep Ive seen quite a few but not for a while & none in entirity. Good interesting series, he is certainly quite energetic with his presenting - seen a lot worse. Top Gear Aust comes to mind.

That would be "a 4x4 is born"

I have a racecar is born and a car is reborn on dvd. Great series, really enjoy them.

Nice, thanks for the heads up Mark.