Sign in to follow this  
1rotty

e30 Schnitzer-Gavins Magic

Wonder if fuel economy improves?

NO

-more power,heavier foot :D Got 9.4k/l from Ak to Hastings & it was a fairly fast run.

Thats only slightly better than my e39 540 ( 10.1 for the same trip)

I dyno'd at 100.9 rwkw / 198.5nm with stock engine bar headers, exhaust and pod filter.

The E30 in question is a nz new 1986 prefl 325i running mot 1.1 with waynes headers into twin pipes with 1 resonator in each pipe then into a vx commodore back box. Filter is a simota carbon shielded thing. Aside from those everything is stock standard!

Interesting to note: we took the pod off and made 105.6 rwkw and 204.1nm! This was all done at shred industries in lower hutt and on a hub dyno as opposed to a rolling road. i have the graph but no scanner.....!

Yeah,Gavin made the point that with the correct tune there is little or no restriction in the factory inlet system with an aftermarket filter like K & N.

My tech told me of a similar example 0f a power increase after removing the pod from a clients car & replacing with factory.

By the way Kerry, thanks for your recommendation of the headers-got me motivated to do it.

Yeah,Gavin made the point that with the correct tune there is little or no restriction in the factory inlet system with an aftermarket filter like K & N.

My tech told me of a similar example 0f a power increase after removing the pod from a clients car & replacing with factory.

By the way Kerry, thanks for your recommendation of the headers-got me motivated to do it.

That increase was with no filter/airbox at all but we just did it to make a point! A properly designed CAI should offer the same as factory at minimum or a slight gain when coupled with exhaust/headers.

Glad you got them! Still to this day probably the single best mod i have done to the e30! ...Which i'm sure you'll agree with now too!!!

If I'm reading the graph right 240 @ 2500rpm,260 & 4000

out of interest how much were the headers?

Contact 'Wayney' as he builds these headers.

Didn't see this topic. But here is my dyno sheet from my 325.

1986 325 with 300,000kms on the clock and a worn cam shaft.

Standard manifold. And the same exhaust as my series race car. And some cheap pod filter.

102.1 rwkw

Divide the Tourqe by the diff ratio if you want the correct figures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Forest now owns this car.

Edited by driftit