Sign in to follow this  
oscar90

WTD: Live E30 Coupe shell prefer.

After everyone making recompliance sound like a mission (to put it nicely) im getting fed up and don't wanna pay like $300-$400 to find I need to spend a stupid amount of money to pass,

I have a chassis that can fit in an envolope lined up, but im still unsure. Theres always a tiny tiny of chance something goes wrong or if I have an accident and insurance decide to investigate it and follow a paper trail...still an option, sounding rather good atm. Consience disagrees though.

But I wanna know if anyone has a E30 320 or 325 coupe(prefer) or 4 door in the South Island that is going cheap? sh*t paint, afew dents, Bung engine etc no prob, I have a whole 325i to swap into it. I just want a REGO'd body or one that is on hold.

Dont have the funds to purchase right now at this stage, but will put the word out now, if anyone knows of some one with one thats about to break down or one already broken let me know!

Closer to CHCH prefered, but will travel if its a good deal (ie good paint and panel) or good price

Cheers,

Andrew

(If one can be shipped from the North Island for a reasonable price I may look into that also)

P.S. No 318 shells, I want it to be insurable, and I dont want to have to pay for a cert, defeats the purpose of buying a shell as thats basicly what im trying to get around.

Edited by HT.

yeah that what im after, but I wouldnt even pay 1500-2000 for that if I was looking for a car to just drive, E30's are so damn expensive :rolleyes:

Its getting to the point where i can keep spending and comply it etc and have a 3-4k car thats had double that spent on it, and it will still have fading/peeling paint and dents

Find a cheap option, i.e. Rego'd Shell, or Chassis in an envelope

Or STOP completely and start parting things out and smashing whats left to get a tiny bit of satisfaction haha, I wanted to do this ages ago, but parents didnt agree, was easier to keep going than start a huge family argument and all that rubbish- just seems the biggest waste this way, as its a fully functioning car that goes well.

All in all I love BMW's but getting abit sick of spending most of my pay's on BMW crap, and while its in the garage it's gonna keep taking money, The amount I've spent on my E30, E36 and E39 I could have a big house deposit, which i'd like TBH, all that money and i'm not even 20 yet :rolleyes:

Ahh well the search continues :D

i know what you mean on the whole money thing. dont be put off buying an E30 for 1000, you can easily make twice that back an keep the bits you want. two lots of first hand experience up in here

I know how you feel.. my white car now owes me $8k and looks the same (except for the wheels) when I purchased it for 3k.. doh.

BMW = Biggest Money Waster :)

or Broke My Wallet

No need to quote whole posts... just use the reply button at the very bottomof the page

Edited by _Mark_

So many pearls of wisdom in this thread I don't know where to start :rolleyes:

Email me dude davidcollier@orcon.net.nz my e30 has live plates and you could probably have it pretty cheap

If you had a 320i shell, you'd still need a cert for a 2.5L engine :P

Especially for insurance purposes.

Just get some coilovers to make it worth-while certing :P

If you find anything you like in Dunedin, I can go look for you/help you get it to chch.

Edited by antil33t

If you had a 320i shell, you'd still need a cert for a 2.5L engine :P

Especially for insurance purposes.

Are you sure about this, I went to a certifier and apparently if the chassis is the same as well as the engine design (i.e. M20) you do not need a cert, I told this to my insurance company and they accepted this, so i'm insured for a 320i with a 2.5L engine.

Edited by Jamez

Thanks for your offer NuDel/David i'll keep it in mind!, I went to see my banker lady today and they threw some money at me soooo, if it fails its test EPICLY I will be in touch... will try get in into VINZ/AA in the next 2 or 3 weeks, Will keep my build thread updated lol

Cheers for the heads up about stuff in Dunedin Michael, theres been afew E30's and E36's i've looked at but couldn't make the drive down...probably for the best actually haha