Sign in to follow this  
speedyg

Quite keen on this 530i

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=269572676

Has anyone seen it and where is the best place to take it for a pre purchase inspection. It's on the North Shore, is Botany motor works near there? The owner is willing to take it in for me at my expense, but I don't know Auckland too well. Any help, comments appreciated.

Cheers

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=269572676

Has anyone seen it and where is the best place to take it for a pre purchase inspection. It's on the North Shore, is Botany motor works near there? The owner is willing to take it in for me at my expense, but I don't know Auckland too well. Any help, comments appreciated.

Cheers

the std BMW dealer check is very thorough and thats what you want...But Glenn would be my pick

It's on the North Shore, is Botany motor works near there? The owner is willing to take it in for me at my expense, but I don't know Auckland too well.

Its not close no, but HellBM is close very close. Not sure if they do pre-purchase inspections though. I don't think they do. But Botany is probably a 30 or 40 minute drive from the North Shore

I can check it Monday for you if you want to arrange it... ring me though... (09) 2722546

Send him around to us . weekend is fine. Ph. 0212435526

Regards Ray

Thanks for the responses, I am going to test drive a couple of 530i's here tomorrow (non motorsports) and maybe a 528i motorsport too. I need a bigger car as the E30 is not quite cutting it since we had a new addition to the family!

I was initially interested in a 330i ms but they don't feel or seem much bigger than the E30. So hopefully I will know by the end of tomorrow and I will be in contact with either Glenn or Hellbm for a pre purchase check.

BTW, my E30 may be up for sale at some stage.

and I think that half leather seat style is kinda nasty.

It's alcantara, and it's really nice in person.

OK, so I have just driven a 528i motorsport and was fairly impressed overall, it went better than I was expecting and I even thought the tiptronic was ok. (I've never owned a auto) I then found a 525i motorsport which was ok, a bit more power wouldn't hurt though! Love the interior and feel of the car and they handle ok too.

So I am happy enough it is a 5 series I am after and I imagine the 530i will go better than the 528i. Now to see how it comes through the pre purchase check.........

OK, so I have just driven a 528i motorsport and was fairly impressed overall, it went better than I was expecting and I even thought the tiptronic was ok. (I've never owned a auto) I then found a 525i motorsport which was ok, a bit more power wouldn't hurt though! Love the interior and feel of the car and they handle ok too.

So I am happy enough it is a 5 series I am after and I imagine the 530i will go better than the 528i. Now to see how it comes through the pre purchase check.........

e39 have their issues but a car doesnt win award after award and be called the best sedan in the world for nothing.

Bought it, thanks to Ray for checking it over and for the few repairs needed.

I won't actually get to see it in person and drive it for 5 weeks! It should be a good trip home though.

My E30 will be for sale at some stage. (if I like the 530i)

Yeah, I can't seem to upload the pics at the moment. Comes up with.....

"Upload failed. Please ask the administrator to ensure the uploads directory is available."

I'll try again later.