Sign in to follow this  
jas81172

E30 Immobilizer

hi to all.just need an info if an old e30 1988 has a built in immobilizer?will it run if the ignition will be ripped off and a screw driver be used to turn on the engine?tks.

E30's do not have an immobiliser... unless you have that OBC with code thing ?

If it has the factory on board computer, then that can be programmed to immobilise the ignition.

Also some may be fitted with alarm and/or immobiliser. I think there is the odd factory alarm for them (very rare though) and plenty of aftermarket systems.

You can crank the engine by shorting the correct pins in the main engine relay box, but without having it in front of me I'm unable to tell you which ones. Won't start like this unless the ignition is on, but will crank,

If it has the factory on board computer, then that can be programmed to immobilise the ignition.

Also some may be fitted with alarm and/or immobiliser. I think there is the odd factory alarm for them (very rare though) and plenty of aftermarket systems.

You can crank the engine by shorting the correct pins in the main engine relay box, but without having it in front of me I'm unable to tell you which ones. Won't start like this unless the ignition is on, but will crank,

just curious because my e30 was stolen right in my driveway but they abandoned it after maybe 10mins away from my place.they ripped off the transmission cover maybe trying to sort it out but lucky for me that they weren't able to let it work normally.does that mean that it has an immobilizer?if so,how would i know.any idea?

What are you referring to when you say transmission cover?

Does the car run or no?

hey mate. ill have a look when you come pick up the dash if you like

What are you referring to when you say transmission cover?

Does the car run or no?

what i mean is the center console of the auto trans but just the cover with the prnd23 indicators when you shift it exposing some wirings of the auto trans.don't have any idea yet if it still running coz' it's with the panel beater.i have to check with them on monday.do you think it will still be restored if they've done something to it?

hey mate. ill have a look when you come pick up the dash if you like

hi andy.i can't take it with me as of the moment coz' it was released by the police yesterday for finger print specimen and i had it dropped off right after to the approved panel beater of my insurance but i have no idea yet of the extent of damage aside from the things i saw visually when i checked it with the towing services.i'll check with the panel beater on monday and will come to see you if it will be fixed so that you can have a look.