Sign in to follow this  
AzonicNick

Windscreen washer blocked?

Hey All,

My windscreen washer is a little bit sick. One is working fine but the other isnt more than a dribble! Im guesing that it's just clogged up. Anybody got any tips to unblock it? Otherwise I will remove the heatsheild on the bonnet and have a go with a pin

Also need new blades. Best to just go to Repco? I am hesitant to ask for their advice as they never seem to knowlegeable but blades cane be that hard :P e36 coupe.

Sorry for the amature questions :mellow:

Nick

Watching with interest to see if there's a better way. My crappy solution:

- get electrical wire, strip

- use a couple of strands twisted together to poke into nozzle (from outside car)

Not an elegant solution, plus it seems to just push the crud out of the way as it tends to block again reasonably soon afterwards.

Edited by CamB

Had a good look at this yesterday and couldnt unblock it so pulled the bonnet inner off and found the little bugger...

Anybody had a similar problem before? It almost looks like there is a little hole in the plastic bit. Some sort of hole to release the pressure if the nozzle blocks up?

Posted Image

Yeah the plastic t joins always seem to arse out, I have replaced 2 now with just irrigation t joins from bunnings, they work all good.

hey guys any idea how to locate an e38 windscreen washer bottle. The washer fluid runs out as soon as I start pouring into it through the nozzle. After pouring half the bottle and wondering how big the bottled could be to use up half a 5 litre bottle i realised its draining out straight away.

I cant even see the bottle at this point. How do I reach the bottle and the connections is it from underneath the car by removing the bottom covers?

Thanks in advance for it guys (the windscreen screen washer alert is driving me nuts)

It's inside the front inner guard liner on the drivers side at the back. You will probably find the motor is leaking the water- a common problem. Replace the motor with a new grommet as well

It's inside the front inner guard liner on the drivers side at the back. You will probably find the motor is leaking the water- a common problem. Replace the motor with a new grommet as well

Ah ok ...you see im not a pro with these body panel terms. so to break it down, do you mean taking the actual right hand side guard out, or is there some kind of a liner inside the engine bay.

i was looking at the realoem to find the thing you are saying, could you advise if its item 7 in this link http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?mo...hg=41&fg=10

Also where can i buy this part from for cheap. Thanks heaps and heaps and heaps.

If you take the wheel off and just undo the rear section of the guard liner you will be able to check whats leaking... I'd check it first before buying anything. I don't know who has cheap pumps...genuine around $90 +Gst with a new grommet

If you take the wheel off and just undo the rear section of the guard liner you will be able to check whats leaking... I'd check it first before buying anything. I don't know who has cheap pumps...genuine around $90 +Gst with a new grommet

Absolutely clear now. Cheers brother. Will check and thank you again when i sort it.

Posted Image

I'm curious to what these plastic things are supposed to do. Does anyone know? Are they a pressure relief valve in case the nozzle is blocked?

Mine leaked as well, so I just replaced it with a T fitting, but always wondered what it's purpose was.

I'm curious to what these plastic things are supposed to do. Does anyone know? Are they a pressure relief valve in case the nozzle is blocked?

Mine leaked as well, so I just replaced it with a T fitting, but always wondered what it's purpose was.

One way valve

Absolutely clear now. Cheers brother. Will check and thank you again when i sort it.

Just opened the whole thing up after work today. Turns out the rubber gormmet that puts the levelling switch in place is missing and the switch has been dangling in turn, causing that washer alert. Ill go and guy a grommet

On that note, looking at the switch, the sensor in it is all rusted and blocked, you think i can just give it a clean to make it work again or do i have to replace that too?

Again thanks a lot for helping me get to the bottom of this.