Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Great deal on 250GB PS3

I was waiting for the 120GB PS3's to break the $550 barrier when I saw an awesome deal in Bond and Bonds latest mailer.

250GB PS3, God of War 3 (latest release pre-order, not on the shelves yet), and HDMI cable for $599!!!

120GB PS3 is that much on it's own - 250GB is usually $699. Not even on their website.

Went out and got one straight away.

The staff were surprised and it's either the start of a price drop for PS3, or a mistake. To price-match it, Noel Leeming would be out of pocket by a couple of hundy I'm informed, and they're owned by the same crowd. Was asked if I didn't mind ordering it in from Bonds so they weren't out of pocket. I know the folks down there so agreed.

So if you're in the market for a PS3, get yourself a good deal.

That's not a half bad deal.

Will keep my 360 though... but GT5 could be good right?

Guest Ari Gold

Holy crap, everyone go and buy this now. They're taking a bath on those prices, it has to be a mistake.

I've been thinking about getting one just for God of War. If I had the spare money lying around I would definately go and get that now.

I've been thinking about getting one just for God of War. If I had the spare money lying around I would definately go and get that now.

yea same here, already have a bluray player (my pc) so don't need a ps3 for that

God of War 1 & 2 I'd say would be the best action games I've ever played

They're the only games I've clocked more than twice and only games I've clocked on insane mode more than once (done insane on each of them at least 4 times)

God of War 3 looks amazing

only other game that looks tempting is Uncharted 2

everything else I'm interested in is on xbox, which I've got a nice little collection going (dvd rack is overflowing with games lol)

Have you played Dante's Inferno on 360? Another good game but exactly the same as God of War

Just got a PS3 last week, been holding out for 2 years. The God of War demo is epic, seems like a bit of a button basher though. The demo for Just Cause 2 is immense, never seen a map that size with that detail, however, the gameplay sucks. GT5 prolouge is amazing, can't wait for the full version. Burnout paradise is amazing for the reflexes, nearly clocked it already haha, keep finding a new section of road everyday! CoD MW is quite a good game actually, and I thought FPS games on consoles were an abomination.. GTA4 sucks, did over 500hours in San Andreas on PS2&PC, and 4 feels like driving a Galant after driving my car, so dissapointing. Got some game called Brutal Legend free with my console, haven't even put it in, it looks painfully shitty. Borderlands is a unique game, quite good. Dead space is quite thrilling, just another FPS though. The Heavy rain demo is well worth the download, wait till the fight scene! It's incredible. I think game of the year will go to Ghostbusters, The Video Game.

Have you played Dante's Inferno on 360? Another good game but exactly the same as God of War

Yea read about that one but haven't given it a go yet, must go rent it out some time

Arrived yesterday and now safely in my lounge. Eagerly awaiting arrival of God of War.

Guest Simon*

Went in to Bond and Bond yesterday to check it out - the deal runs til next Tuesday apparently. They are making a big fuss over God of War and like Henry mentioned, Heavy Rain is supposed to be the sh*t.

I played Heavy Rain last night (borrowed from a friend).

It's cool, nice graphics, and cool plot etc, but it's essentially an interactive movie.

I'd was pretty cool, but it wasn't OMG!!!!!11!!!! AWESOME!!!!11!!

But don't take my word for it, it's only the 3rd "video game" I've played in the last 7 years, and I didn't get very far through it.

Gaming n00b's opinion.

Guest Simon*

Goddam n00b!

What's that game where you're a drunk Irishman killing Nazis in WWII? That looked cool :D