Sign in to follow this  
l0w320

euro plates

just got my euro plates in the mail buuut how do i attach them to the bmw:S:S i thort they would have come with clips or something :s

You can either buy the additional fixing set, or you can drill holes in them, or you can use double-sided foam trim tape. (I use the tape option, and they've been on the car for over 3 years, and still going strong.

+1 to double-sided foam tape... about $4 a roll from Supercheap.

Yep, double sided tape is by far the cleanest.

I splurged an bought a $6 roll from Mitre 10 Mega. :) Still got over half the roll left.

double sided tape work good looks so clean now wahoooo :D:D ahah will be seeing some of you at the auckland luge meet..

+1 for double-sided tape.

trust me mate, you dont wanna drill holes through your glossy new plate....luks wayy cleaner with the tape as well :)

Mine are held on with velcro strips. Been on the car for 3 years now.

This is a bonus if you have more than one set of plates you use. etc black german plates (for events)

I used the proper Euro plate holders..no holes in my plates and they look realy neat & tidy... downside... they cost $50 each from the dealers (mine were a gift)

Edited by *Glenn*

I used the proper Euro plate holders..no holes in my plates and they look realy neat & tidy... downside... they cost $50 each from the dealers (mine were a gift)

was originally leaning towards that option till i realised how much they were :/

Contact LICENSYS (09 259 2660), the company that presses plates in NZ and purchase the 'Eurosurround' for $28, available in either chrome or black. Go with black plastic as the chrome paint comes off with stone chipping.

The surround has a perforated backing plate and once screwed or taped down it allows you to slide and lock the plate in place, using a hinged border section.

Keep those plates hole free!

Contact LICENSYS (09 259 2660), the company that presses plates in NZ and purchase the 'Eurosurround' for $28, available in either chrome or black. Go with black plastic as the chrome paint comes off with stone chipping.

The surround has a perforated backing plate and once screwed or taped down it allows you to slide and lock the plate in place, using a hinged border section.

Keep those plates hole free!

They would be the same as the dealer ones... just cheaper. Thats also the same as the ones I fitted.

This is how they look... nice and clean

post-1129-1268246058.jpg

Edited by *Glenn*

You should hang some truck nuts off the rear towhook or something :P

You should hang some truck nuts off the rear towhook or something :P

You can leave yours there if you want :P