Sign in to follow this  
M3NTIL

why you shouldn't race a BMW .......

how the hell did that happen?? i didnt hear a BOV, so how'd he blow his engine lol

I liked the quote "my parents are gonna be so pissed"

He must have done something really dumb to blow the shite out of a 4G63.

how the hell did that happen?? i didnt hear a BOV, so how'd he blow his engine lol

Did you not hear it sitting on the limiter before he launched? I bet he did that several times a day, every day. The limiter is there to protect your engine, but it's not designed to live on it. I'd say that the motor was getting well on for wear and a big end or piston pin or similar went, and the rest is history.

Lesson: Don't thrash your cars kids.

Only the 327-eater likes to live on the limiter!

Had the same thing happen to an m40 318i e30. sounded sad to start with, previous owner had run it with no oil so it was a throw away motor anyway. Took it for a skid on gravel with new oil and water and only lasted 60 seconds.

Guest Ari Gold

Did you not hear it sitting on the limiter before he launched? I bet he did that several times a day, every day. The limiter is there to protect your engine, but it's not designed to live on it. I'd say that the motor was getting well on for wear and a big end or piston pin or similar went, and the rest is history.

Lesson: Don't thrash your cars kids.

Only the 327-eater likes to live on the limiter!

I was reading your post and all I could think of was Kerry :D

Yep. "Keep it on the limiter - that way you can't over-rev it" Still gold a couple of years on.

that is exactly what my old m20 motor looked like, even the piston was the same, but my rod was bent much more than that. even had the bits of wrist pin circlip stuck in piston like that, lol

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....;hl=sydwayz+e30