Sign in to follow this  
beeeamer

factory E36 headunit/CD shuttle

Just bought a 96 323i Motorsport with the factory cassette head unit and has a CD shuttle in the boot, but i'm stumped as to how i get the CD shuttle to work! there are no obvious buttons on the headunit and i've pushed and held everything multiple times and nothing happens besides the cassette and radio.

help?

Just bought a 96 323i Motorsport with the factory cassette head unit and has a CD shuttle in the boot, but i'm stumped as to how i get the CD shuttle to work! there are no obvious buttons on the headunit and i've pushed and held everything multiple times and nothing happens besides the cassette and radio.

help?

If it hasn't got an obvious CD button, then use the MODE button

If it doesn't work, check CD changer is plugged in and has power.

If it hasn't got an obvious CD button, then use the MODE button

If it doesn't work, check CD changer is plugged in and has power.

hmm, have tried the mode button but it just cycles through bass/treble etc and holding it down just resets the bass/treble

definitely has power as it ejects/makes noises etc but perhaps it is not connected, will have another look

Have you put a CD in the changer?

Edited by 318Touring

ah the band button, sweet.

nah i had another good play last night and pretty certain there is a fault with the CD shuttle, when inserting the cartridge it goes through all the process of checking whether there are any discs and then once that's done it tries to move the CD over but it just makes a clicking noise every few seconds and you can see the disc through the window going back and forth with the click. have tried different slots and burnt/store bought CD's and makes no difference

thanks anyway!

Call if you require another CD shuttle. $50