Sign in to follow this  
Driftit

No spark no fuel

Hey guys,

Have converted our little runabout to a manual and replaced its engine.

Was a 1990 320 Auto.

Just went to turn the car over and she turns but there is no spark and no fuel. The car has an alarm but when activated stops the car from turning over. Is pretty basic Mongoose device. Doubt it is hooked up to the fuel system at all. Just ignition.

I have checked the relay for the fuel and replaced it just in case. Have shorted points 87 and 30 on the relay and the pump activates and I get fuel pressure.

Have checked that everything is connected and clean.

Could this have anything to do with the inhibitor switch maybe not correctly done? Is there any other obvious things I can check.

Fuel relay fuse is also fine.

Cheers

Dan

Try replacing the DME relay, its the one next to the fuel relay. On the front side of the engine bay. also, turn the key to ON and listen for a hum in the idle control valve - if theres no hum its either the DME relay or the ECU

Try replacing the DME relay, its the one next to the fuel relay. On the front side of the engine bay. also, turn the key to ON and listen for a hum in the idle control valve - if theres no hum its either the DME relay or the ECU

The Idle control valve is active. Have a feeling the Alarm is causing the problem. Cheap junk.

If it cranks its not the inhibitor switch... what have you done this time Dan ? :P This loverly little car doesnt like you :(... it was running when it left here with a blown head gasket

Edited by *Glenn*

God does it hate me. I think it is punishment for not fixing it right away.

Got an autosparky mate coming around to sort it out.

Cheers guys

Dan