Sign in to follow this  
Braeden320

2002 318ti Motorsport

Hey all,

My partner has her heart set on a late model E46 Ti, Im not really a fan and have tried to talk her into a coupe or sedan but this is the model she likes!

We have this one for the night.It looks really nice and having had a look at it on the weekend it is in mint condition

Im thinking 17k is a tad on the high side??

Thoughts/advice appriciated

Anyone?Glenn?Surely can't be that different in terms of maintaning them and common faults to and E46?

Drove another couple on the weekend, Mrs loves them just a question of finding the best colour/features combo

I doubt there'd be much difference in terms of maintenance compared to a normal E46, other than the suspension, but I don't know for sure. They aren't that common. I'd give http://www.318ti.org/ a try.

If we were looking at it as a 318 E46 sedan/coupe, 17k sounds reasonable given the year and low K's. But if they're not that popular, maybe you can get one for less.

Just found the issue of Total BMW that has the E46 compact buying guide.

As has been said, it's pretty much all the same as the other E46 models. Rear wiper motors can fail, rear springs can potentially shear at the bottom coil. The bodywork doesn't share a single panel with any other E46 so look for one in good nick as panels will be harder to get hold of than others. The same applies to the interior door trims and boot trim. The rest of the interior is pretty standard E46 stuff.

Thanks Guys, Interesting point re: panels

Might head up to the big smoke this weekend and have a look at this one.

Glenn, what do you charge approx for a complete pre purchase check covering all aspects of a car?

Still think there quite ugly but hey its not me driving it

Edited by braeden.

Glenn, what do you charge approx for a complete pre purchase check covering all aspects of a car?

$140 retail.. $100 for BS members

BTW: I fly out this Saturday @ 6.00am and won't be back till the 6th of April

Edited by *Glenn*

Might head up to the big smoke this weekend and have a look at this one.

Is it just me or does that one look like it has a body in the boot in those side shots?

^ Yea its certainly sitting a bit low in the back.

Have brought this one, got a really sharp price. Should be a good car for the Mrs.

Have brought this one, got a really sharp price. Should be a good car for the Mrs.

Nice will look out for it around town. My mum got her VW Beetle from the same dealer last year.

Question -

We have been offered a 3 Year Mechanical Warrenty with this car for $945 with a $500 Excess. Claim limit of 8k up to 150,000 and over 150,000 it's 4k.

What are peoples thoughts on this, Do any common faults with the E46 Ti equate to big $$$ value to repair?

Looking to Glenn as im sure you have the experience with this!

Many Thanks

Edited by braeden.

Question -

We have been offered a 3 Year Mechanical Warrenty with this car for $945 with a $500 Excess. Claim limit of 8k up to 150,000 and over 150,000 it's 4k.

What are peoples thoughts on this, Do any common faults with the E46 Ti equate to big $$$ value to repair?

Looking to Glenn as im sure you have the experience with this!

Many Thanks

Go for the warranty.. you may need it. Is that the AA one underwritten by Vero??

Many things can fail on a BMW...protect yourself with the warranty

Driveright, The caryard advises they are really good but I suppose they would say that!

Driveright are ok too. All the warranties have changed recently and the excesses are now higher than before

Thanks Glenn, Will probably get it. Have spent the last hour reading through old Bimmersport threads on the E46's.