Sign in to follow this  
tire

325i touring log

Excellent, that's tomorrows job then. Will do and post pics of stance.

Christmas!

Vacuum hose, intake pipe, fuel pump relay, gearbox mounts, right tail light seal, throttle body gasket, rear shock mount gaskets.

post-2398-1281593125.jpg

Edited by tastic

Will do and post pics of stance.

Waiting on pics

Max having fun at work yesterday. Last picture is a E30 rear sway bar mod to stop the links dropping off the end of the sway bars... common problem....easy fix though.

post-1129-1282410272.jpg

post-1129-1282410289.jpg

post-1129-1282410303.jpg

Edited by *Glenn*

Looks like he's having too much fun? :D

Ha, I'm such a gumpert.

I (ok, we) swapped the box out in 4 hours, rather than 4 weeks on the drive!

And the DME relay wiring repair... and the sway bar.... and swaped the wheels.... and checked out Kendalls problems... all in all, a great day... hope you enjoyed yourself Max... it's much better doing it with the right gear and the right tools

Indeed!

14 weaves aren't so bad.

post-2398-1282438420.jpg

So how do you fix "excess brake pedal travel" when your brakes were bled only six months ago?

And has anyone successfully DIY aligned their headlights?

Oh and what could cause excess strut movement? My control arms are new, the strut top isn't perished and all the bolts are tight....

f**k!

Edited by tastic

LOL.... the joys of E30 ownership Max :P

Give me a call at home

Will do later tonight Glenn cheers!

And has anyone successfully DIY aligned their headlights?

If you can get your hands on a whiteboard on wheels.

Go to a flat surface, move the board up to your headlights and mark on the board the middle of the lights with a marker.

Move the board back 2m or so and align the beams so they're flush with the markings.

I did this after I failed my WOF a while back, worked a treat.

Nice, I have a whiteboard I'll do that.

Whiteboard trick worked and wof was got! Then I put my alpinas back on with spacers in the rear this time and it looked sweet:

Posted Image

But when I tried to leave with the car loaded up for taupo this happened. The smoke was awesome:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The track was thoroughly enjoyable (have I said that enough yet?)

Posted Image

Now I have a big list of things I want to do before my next track day (driver training at Puke) in November. Some questions:

- What are peoples thoughts on urethane diff mounts? Mine looks broken.

- I really need stiffer front springs, the 4cyl kings make the car dive. What should I get / does anyone have any for sale? Thinking eibachs or something?

- With a helmet on I am about 3 inches too tall to sit upright, so I need a bucket seat I can swap in for track days. Anyone got one already done on E30 rails? Suggestions?

- Aside from stiffer springs, how can I fight body roll? Sway bar stuff?

Urethane diff mounts are awesome, I can get you a price for one if you need/source one.

IIRC If you have Recaro's you can adjust the height the seat sits at, by pressing the lever beside the recline lever down towards the floor (if you have already done this your f**ked lol).

Putting in new sway bar mounts and links help a truckload, or if you want to be really flash get fatter bars for at least the front and that improves it even more.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Brams

Lol recaro is already adjusted all the way down, f**k my tall life.

^ Take the sunroof out? Removing the cradle gives you atleast a inch or two. Save 20kilos or so too out of the worst part of the car to have weight

Edited by Brams

Nah I want to keep it original, not fair to molester tourings! I'll have to get a bucket seat.

you may find that by the time you put the bucket seat on bmw rails your back up to the height you where before. however there are some comodore rails that fit and are a lot lower profile, alowing you to almost have the seat on the floor i cant recall exactly what model but they are from a newer model commy.

Oli, how did you find out about this? Can you remember what site it was to give me somewhere to start searching? Sounds like a great option.

wasnt on a site. the guy who built my cage told be about it. i was talking about them today, apparently they are the rails from any commy, from vl to i think vp? the guy who told me about them goes by the name of ron. il pm you his # he can tell you in more detail.

Wow, Hampton VTECd my brakes!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had a spare set of OEM pads in the shed which I put on when I got home (very very scary drive), but one was missing, so I am seeking one front textar E30 pad. Hah.

I'm also considering upgrading my rotors - is this a good idea? Recommendations? And rear pads - just go for oem?

Funny clip from Hampton for those who missed it:

haha awesome vid.

Stock exhaust? cant remember