Sign in to follow this  
JaseNZ

Reset km/l and average speed.

Anybody know how to reset the average km/l and average speed on an E46, Cannot seem to find anything that explains how to do this, While on either of the reading pushing or turning either of the knobs makes no difference.

Edited by M-Spec

Don't you just keep the button pushed on each setting to reset it?

Hmmmm, Nope does not seem to do anything

What are you trying to change Jason ?? The averages are calculated via MAF & speed sensors

I thought it was like the obc i put into the e36 Glenn where you could reset the km/l and average speed. Ie when you go on a long trip you can reset them to see how you go. On the e36 obc you could be on either of those displays and reset it so it start off from where you reset it. Maybe this is not possible on the e46 obc.

press and hold the "BC" button whilst it is displaying the function you want to reset... (fuel cons and avg speed only)

press and hold the "BC" button whilst it is displaying the function you want to reset... (fuel cons and avg speed only)

Nice thanks for that works a charm, Pity they never mention that in the manual, well nothing i could see anyway.