Sign in to follow this  
M3NTIL

fuel saver

hey

ive been talking to a couple of people about saving a bit of fuel in my DD (it uses more gas than a M3 and half the power ......)and they have all told me about this "be fuel saver" product and i was wondering if anyone has used it before ?

it is suppose to save between 8-36% of fuel and for some reason i think its to good to be true ....... but they also have a money back guarantee

http://www.befuelsaver.co.nz/index.html

cheers andy

hmmmm i dno, if it was that great everyone would have one.

A lot of these products work on a "Placebo" effect. You think you're saving fuel so you drive more economically, and therefore you save fuel.

The hydrogen fuel-saving set-ups have been proven to have no real benefit, and i'd doubt this would be any better....

If you want to save fuel on a DD either get a new DD, or drive smoother. I'm trying the latter, see if it works :lol:

my e34 wasnt the most ecomonical nor was my e36 so i put a afc in both,

the m20b20 went from 40 to 65km per 10 bucks

the m40 1.8 went from 45 to 70km per 10 bucks, but i also made it a manual

thats also based on the current 5.7ltrs per $10

you can pick them up on trademe for around $100, been using them for a couple of years now

you can do your won magnet setup which doesnt do alot, ive also done hydrogen which did work

Edited by crunchy

The question I would be asking myself is Is the cost of the unit going to pay for itself and provide enough of a saving over time to make it worthwhile?

Other option is Fuelstar, Mate had one on his 99 Turbo Diesel Ford Couier and he got more k's to the tank

Every time one of these threads comes up I have the same thing to say.

Q: If these devices actually save you fuel then why haven't the car manufacturers built them in to their production cars? Why isn't the person who invented the device filthy rich from selling it to Toyota, VW, or Audi? Why are they instead peddling their device on the internet for just two easy payments of $29.95?

A: Because they're a croc of sh*t. And don't do jack.

Want to save money on fuel? Bike to work.

Or change the way you drive

Made with 99% Snake Oil.

and 1% product. but where do they get the snakes for the snake oil?

"FuelstarTM is a fuel-borne tin-based combustion catalyst." so it's Gasoline additive, think valvemaster but with different packaging. might not be a bad idea for some engines (but probably not yours) as RON could increase, but tipping shellite into your high octane will do the same (ssshh dont tell anyone the secrets...)

PS: don't play with your fuel, motorsport nz schedule A only allows 4%/vol benzene, flames from exhaust are a fire hazard and it's probably illegal on the road

Edited by barf

and 1% product. but where do they get the snakes for the snake oil?

"FuelstarTM is a fuel-borne tin-based combustion catalyst." so it's Gasoline additive, think valvemaster but with different packaging. might not be a bad idea for some engines (but probably not yours) as RON could increase, but tipping shellite into your high octane will do the same (ssshh dont tell anyone the secrets...)

PS: don't play with your fuel, motorsport nz schedule A only allows 4%/vol benzene, flames from exhaust are a fire hazard and it's probably illegal on the road

From the plane.

btw, whats shellite?

My sister had one wrapped around the supply hose on her 2.2 Vtec, assume it was put on in Japan, took it off when doing a service a little while ago, made no difference apparently, i sopose you can get cheap ones that don't work and expensive ones that don't work and expensive ones that do?

Every time one of these threads comes up I have the same thing to say.

Q: If these devices actually save you fuel then why haven't the car manufacturers built them in to their production cars? Why isn't the person who invented the device filthy rich from selling it to Toyota, VW, or Audi? Why are they instead peddling their device on the internet for just two easy payments of $29.95?

A: Because they're a croc of sh*t. And don't do jack.

I concur, based on the simple understanding that manufacturers invest millions on achieving the best combination of fuel economy, emission control, performance, and engine longevity.

If they could improve one of these factors without degrading any others, for 2 simple payments of $29.95, then rest assured they would. And they'd fit them to every car. And the regulators would demand it as well.

But the manufacturers don't

And the regulators don't

A fool and his money are easily parted....