Sign in to follow this  
rds

New clutches

New Heavy Duty Clutch Kit - to suit E30 E28 E34 Getrag 260

This is a brand new heavy-duty OE spec. clutch kit for BMW. This clutch kit contains all the necessary components to do your clutch replacement and is the perfect setup for any stock or lightly modified vehicle. Gripforce clutch kit contains only the highest quality components from world's leading OE clutch manufacturers such as Exedy, Valeo, Sachs, Luk, Seco, Aisin/Asco and NKK. Please do not compare our Gripforce clutch kit with other inferior clutches or cheap Chinese parts. Only the Gripforce clutch kit can guarantee the right fitment and long lasting life. All brand new clutch kit requires 1000 km break-in period.

* This complete clutch kit includes: Brand New heavy-duty Pressure Plate (Made in Germany)

* Brand New heavy-duty Clutch Disc (9", 10 spline, Made in U.K.)

* Brand New Release Bearing (Made in Germany)

* Brand New Pilot Bearing

* Alignment Tool

* Installation Guide

Only $450

New F1 Stage 2 Clutch Kit - to suit e30 e34 e28 getrag 260

Spec: Upto Torque : 328nm

F1 Racing STAGE 2 clutch kit is a step up from the Heavy Duty clutch kit. This is a versatile set up for the street and on the track. It provides a smooth engagement yet it can holds 50%+ more power over stock clutches. This is a direct factory replacement clutch kit thus no modifications are needed and the clutch kit includes only the highest grade components from world's leading high performance clutch manufacturer. The Carbonized kevlar friction material is used on all Stage 2 clutch kit to have higher burst strength and heat tolerance. The heavy-duty sprung center with heat treated springs and retainer rivets to increase strength and reliability. The F1 Racing pressure plate features special single diaphragm design to increase clamp load. It features induction hardened diaphragm, CNC machined castings, stronger drive straps and rivets. F1 Racing pressure plate provides smooth and precise feel with easy modulation. All F1 Racing pressure plate is load tested on a special testing tool for quality assurance.

* This complete clutch kit includes: F1 Racing Stage 2 Heavy-Duty Pressure Plate

* F1 Racing Stage 2 Carbon Kevlar Disc (9", 10 spline)

* Release Bearing

* Pilot Bearing

* Alignment Tool

* Installation Guide

Only $500

New F1 Stage 3 Clutch Kit - to suit e30 e34 e28 Getrag 260

Spec: Upto Torque: 527 nm

F1 Racing Stage 3 clutch kit is a direct factory replacement clutch kit and it's designed for those who seek the ultimate in clutch performance and reliability. F1 Racing clutch kit includes only the highest grade clutch components from the world's leading racing clutch manufacturers. The 6-puck copper ceramic (also known as MIBA) disc features 12 high-coefficient friction pads that are resistant to slippage and ensures long lasting life. The heavy-duty sprung center unit boasts heat treated springs and retainer rivets for the maximum power and durability. The F1 Racing pressure plate features special single diaphragm design to increase clamp load. It features induction hardened diaphragm, CNC machined castings, stronger drive straps and rivets. F1 Racing pressure plate provides smooth and precise feel with easy modulation. All F1 Racing pressure plate is load tested on a special testing tool for quality assurance.

* This complete clutch kit includes: F1 Racing Heavy-Duty Pressure Plate

* F1 Racing 'MIBA' Copper Ceramic 6-puck Disc (228mm, 10 spline)

* Release Bearing

* Pilot Bearing

* Alignment Tool

* Installation Guide

Only $600

Can also source any clutch/flywheel requirement for your BMW.

PM me for pictures or if you have any questions

Will happily guinea pig these for free.

But in all seriousness, anyone tried these?

john/e30ftw is running one of the HD's above i think? im sure it was mentioned in his 2.7 turbo thread

I have assurances that they are all made of the highest quality parts etc. These are not cheap Chinese made clutches.

Torque is what kills clutches, if you don't get the right clutch for your application its going to slip.

Im running the stage 3 ceramic in my M50E30, its abit of overkill really but it works a treat. I put it in just in case I decide to spend moar money going the forced induction route.

Just reading that project thread, looks like he has a 6puck ceramic.

Edited by rds

Yeah I have the stage 3 F1 racing 6puk clutch and HD plate. It's real grippy (real noticeable when down shifting) but overall im real happy with it. Clutch pedal doesn't feel drastically heavier than having an OEM clutch either. I'm now using it with my m50b25 since I had it and it was practically still new and I'm happy with it. Just abit of a PITA using it with a very light flywheel!

is this just a one off time or will you always have these available? if so i may be interested in a stage 2 or 3 next year.

After every supplier I approached tried charging me the earth for BMW clutches.

BMW - $1000+ (just for the stock plate)

Repco - $800 (stock replacement)

Ive decided to start importing BMW gear into NZ. I will only have a small amount of stock on hand as this is not my business per se but I plan on doing this for a while.

Ive decided to start importing BMW gear into NZ. I will only have a small amount of stock on hand as this is not my business per se but I plan on doing this for a while.

so will a std one be heavier than stock 535(i cant imagine that actually)

Good on ya, always thought of doing this, would still like to! just dont have the know how...or the money atm...save a lil spend alot haha too many toys

Do you still have these?

Just got mine, "stage 2", turned up quick, looks to be pretty friggin good for the $

Cheers rds

The pressure plate and fingers are stamped Luk, its not advertised anywhere as a LuK clutch, so im inclined too believe it is genuine Luk pressure plate. It has been balanced.

All the clutch plate riveting looks shweet, no cracked rivet tails or obvious cheapness/roughness anywhere

(Ive built aircraft brakes during my training, they're assembled pretty similarly)

Ill let ya know how it goes when stuck between the M50B25 and Getrag 260 B)

Edited by Jacko

I'll let you know how the stage two goes stuck behind a m20 with a broken exhaust rocker on cylinder 4!

het i jst converted my 320i e30 to manual 2months ago when doing it i put in a lightened flywheel and sent my clutch away to get relined double riveted and bonded how ever, yes if already blown it it slips so much it wont get out of my 15* drive way, its a road car but is used harshly with drifting and the od burn out, as the clutch is gone am going take the engine out and replace with a 2.5 and maybe chuck in a lock diff , just woundering which clutch will siut me be best as dont want to replace again any time soon

Would also like to know if these are available.

het i jst converted my 320i e30 to manual 2months ago when doing it i put in a lightened flywheel and sent my clutch away to get relined double riveted and bonded how ever, yes if already blown it it slips so much it wont get out of my 15* drive way, its a road car but is used harshly with drifting and the od burn out, as the clutch is gone am going take the engine out and replace with a 2.5 and maybe chuck in a lock diff , just woundering which clutch will siut me be best as dont want to replace again any time soon

It kinda depends what you want out of your clutch. The heavy duty clutch will easily stand upto the M20B25 engine but won't take the same amount of beating (drifting,burnouts etc) as the the stage 2 (6 puck ceramic) but the increased clamp is going to transfer the strain down your drive train if your rough with it to the gearbox,diff and rear axles.

Heavy duty is going to be the best around town clutch and nicest on your drive train.

Stage 2 is going to be the best clutch if you don't want to revisit the clutch again. It will also future proof against power upgrades.

btw, Its best to PM me I'm not checking the forum as much as i once was.

Cheers,

Rhys