Sign in to follow this  
Parabolica

Back pain! Spring install help on E30 please

Afternoon,

I have a set of lower springs to put in my 89 325i. I have recently buggered my back and tried to change them myself the other day but was in too much pain. Who on these boards can chuck them in for me and what sort of money would you charge?

Cheers

Rob

where abouts in auckland are you? will do, if you cover my petrol and provide some lunch money :) , 0212971208

Edited by Jamez

where abouts in auckland are you? will do, if you cover my petrol and provide some lunch money :) , 0212971208

Sweet! Im in Botany however all my tools n stuff are in Albany at my Folks which is where our cars are. If it works for you maybe next weekend or something? I need to get a WOF shortly so i might get it first before the springs are done just incase.

Cheers

I live in Albany, if James can't do it I can.

Seeing as you're set mate!

Thread jack

Can anyone do E36 ones? Jase says you need to take the front struts out for the front and get the whole car off the ground for the rear springs? Anyone have any info?

Sweet! Im in Botany however all my tools n stuff are in Albany at my Folks which is where our cars are. If it works for you maybe next weekend or something? I need to get a WOF shortly so i might get it first before the springs are done just incase.

Cheers

I could do any time Saturday before 3pm, guessing we'll do it at your parents? (just guessing here, is your dad Tony and they live at 'the Avenue'?

should take about 30 min

Seeing as you're set mate!

Thread jack

Can anyone do E36 ones? Jase says you need to take the front struts out for the front and get the whole car off the ground for the rear springs? Anyone have any info?

IIRC for the rear all you undo are the shocks on both sides, then make sure its out of gear and handbrake is off, then push the arm right down and pull the spring out, if it doesn't go down far enough just use a crowbar

For the front you just have to undo the bottom 3 bolts (16 or 18mm) then undo the top 3 (13mm?) then the whole strut comes out, simple as.

for the rear springs on the e36 i'd undo the output shafts at the diff. requires an e12 torx socket. not sure how necessary this is

I could do any time Saturday before 3pm, guessing we'll do it at your parents? (just guessing here, is your dad Tony and they live at 'the Avenue'?

should take about 30 min

Yea mate works for me. And yes my father is Tony at The Avenue. I will call you Thursday maybe but how about 11am on Saturday?

Cheers

for the rear springs on the e36 i'd undo the output shafts at the diff. requires an e12 torx socket. not sure how necessary this is

Dont need to do that.

Nick Text me