Sign in to follow this  
JPS

Hi to all. I joined the forum last year but didn't introduce myself back then........

I hope I have done everything correctly and the photos have uploaded ok

I Have owned this 635 for a couple years after admiring its sister race cars many years ago. It is the car the late Hugh Tunley owned, however has undergone quite a bit of work since aquiring itit.

Have been doing some research regarding some further upgrades and acordingly will need to ask a a few questions - will do so in due course.

Thanks, Chris.

post-4363-1270453141.jpg

post-4363-1270453157.jpg

post-4363-1270453625.jpg

still a beautiful car , rip hugh

Now, this is a beautiful car. :wub:

Apologies, this was the 3rd photo

Edit: Please resize your photos

Edited by Nick021

Superb e24 sir! Welcome.

Reminds me of another JPS e24 that lives down the road.

Mate thats one awesome shark, welcome!

Guest Ari Gold

Is this the fabled JPS 6 floating round with a motorsport chassis number :wub:

Is this the fabled JPS 6 floating round with a motorsport chassis number :wub:

Yes, this is one of a few factory produced race chassis that never made it to the track - road car only - car 66 of batch 2. I understand was a promotional car for the JPS race team in the mid 80's when Jim Richrads took out the ATC title, and believe there are a couple others floating around. Being a numbered race chassis has no VIN, which can make chasing parts a bit of a hit and miss afair.

There is a very long thread about these on ten tenths motorsport, where all 89 or so have all but been accounted for.

Chris

Oooh, Man that's hot.

Love the rims man!

stunning car, welcome aboard

Great looking car. I still love the black and gold JPS colour scheme - so many childhood memories of F1 Lotus and touring car BMWs :wub::wub:

Beautiful !!! Welcome.

Definitely JPS ftw.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments.

Have posted a q regarding diff options under general discussions.

Hi to all. I joined the forum last year but didn't introduce myself back then........

I hope I have done everything correctly and the photos have uploaded ok

I Have owned this 635 for a couple years after admiring its sister race cars many years ago. It is the car the late Hugh Tunley owned, however has undergone quite a bit of work since aquiring itit.

Have been doing some research regarding some further upgrades and acordingly will need to ask a a few questions - will do so in due course.

Thanks, Chris.

Hi Chris,

Congrats on the car! Hugh was a fine man. I met him at Concours at Ellerslie when he displayed this car around 3-4 years ago, and we spoke about E24's for quite awhile that day.

I like the red leather interior. Seriously cool - and very period.

Are these the same set of wheels? I seem to recall larger gaps between the wheels and arches and I seem to remember different wheels, possibly 16"'s.

Are these Style 5's with the centre's painted gold? They look like 17"s in the photo.

There aren't too many post face-lift manual 635csi's in NZ either, which makes this car even more special.

I kept in touch with Hugh by phone regularly after that day, and felt terrible the day I called and heard his wife say he passed away. Seemed like a very nice man.

Fantastic car. I suspect it is worth a few more $'s over the Tasman, like all E24's.

Regards.

I never new or met Hugh, but have since heard a lot about him. I picked it from Auto Classics where it was being sold on behalf .

I've made a few mods: bilstein/peddlers suspension, whiteline sway bars, K-macs on the rear trailing arms, EBC brakes with s.s hoses, s.s exhaust and headers, short shift kit etc as well as replaced lots of bits that were past it, diff mount, front hubs, radiator, injectors, hoses, relays, sensors, leads, lights .... quite a long list. It now drives, handles and stops much better.

The wheels are BBS RC splits I found on E-bay in Germany. 17x 8s with 235/45 and 17x9‘s with 255/40 – same tyre size as Hugh ran.

I’ve kept all the old bits so can be put back to original spec. For the future am researching head and diff options, but might be a little way off yet