Sign in to follow this  
fatjoez

What fuel do you use?

What fuel do you commonly use?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There was a list I saw once on the Gull website that had a list of cars that should NOT use Force 10 and e30's were on the list

There was a list I saw once on the Gull website that had a list of cars that should NOT use Force 10 and e30's were on the list

Visit My Website

I can feel noticiable difference between 91 and 95 in terms of power and fuel consumption but not so much between 95 and 98/Force 10 though. I would happily pay extra for 95 over 91 but not so much for 98/Force10 over 95

If you have motronic 1.3, by all means 98 would be more beneficial.

Dunno mate, I don't notice a difference between 98 and 95.

91 gets sh*t milegage though... but My motor is the worst benchmark for anything.

But if you have jetronic... hehe tune the ignition timing to run on a richer fuel = better power towards the top of the rev range (oh, and probably a sh*t idle...)

Anything high performance I'd suggest BP Ultimate, I've ran this on every high performance car I've owned with good results. It totally transformed my HSV GTS Commodore, it must have been on 91 or 95 prior.

I find my bike runs rich on 98 and backfires ALOT - I definitely feel the difference in power over 91.

My E36 318i doesn't seem any smoother or faster on 98 but I swear I get another 100kms out of a tank (did 700kms on a tank from welly to almost auckland)

anyone had experience with an e30 running on either 98oct with 10%ethanol or straight av gas???

anyone had experience with an e30 running on either 98oct with 10%ethanol or straight av gas???

I top up at gull, using its 98 with 10% ethanol. It seems to last longer (more mileage) and runs smoother compared to Caltex's or Mobil's version of 98 oct IMO.