Sign in to follow this  
1N STYL

fog lights or no fogs lights

fog lights or no fogs lights  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I reckon keep them on ..

I had that bumper and it just doesn't quite look right with out the fog lights ... so i went and got a pair to chuck them in ..

You can't get busted for driving with them on???

BTW, aren't they called driving lights, the rear lights are the fog lights.

It looks stupid driving with yours lights on and not having the driving lights on, now that's missing!

I have already been busted for driving with them on

Depends on how they are wired, but you shouldn't have been busted.

See...

WOF Manual

hahaha, you can get busted by using your foglight in NZ too?

The police in Holland is realy hunting for those who uses them without any fog.

By the way. I'm trying to found some replacements for those foglights. I have to put new glasses almost every year.

They have some airduct style replacements for a e36 in NZ?

Something that looks like what they put on the E30 M3 Evolution's

greetings,

Marcel

I just dont get it, having your lights on makes you more visible

so it is therefore safer, what is the problem?????

our Ford Courier utes at work dont give you a choice, turn on the key and the lights come on

I just dont get it, having your lights on makes you more visible

so it is therefore safer, what is the problem?????

our Ford Courier utes at work dont give you a choice, turn on the key and the lights come on

That depends on whether they are driving lights or fog lights.

There is nothing I hate more than people cruising along in broad daylight with their fcuking fog lights on.

When the rains came a couple of weekends ago, it was ridiculous. There were people screaming down the motorway at totally unbelievable speeds, and when they really needed all their lights on they had none and couldnt be seen from 10 yards away !

[EDIT] Forgot the keep it on topic ;) Mate keep the fogs, looks better with them in there.

Edited by martyyn

If you read the WOF manual I posted a link to you will find that fog lights are permitted if they are permanently dipped and are independently operated to the headlights. Dipped means that they do not put light above 100mm of a horizontal line drawn from the top of the lights at a distance of 3m, and that the beam of light from the fog lamps is directed downwards.

See the third page for a diagram of dipped beams, and the 7th & 8th for permitted lighting setups.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Well at least until the 27th of Feb as per sic's thread.

Quoted from the LTSA:

Vehicle fog lamps must only be used when conditions are such that your visibility is severely reduced – eg by snow or thick fog. You must not use fog lamps under clear atmospheric conditions as you could dazzle other road users.

well the cop busted me for having 2 sets of driving lights on at once.

What the hell has WOF got to do with with driving with them? what if they see u driving with them on why wont give ur WOF? isn;t the WOF just the way they work and preform, not how they are used?

And that WOF thind says you can only have 1 set of driving lights

Under reasons for rejection 4-1

Edited by 1N STYL

You will notice that the WOF thing says what you can and can't have and how they must work - this does restrict their operation whilst driving in some cases PLUS the new rules comin' in on the 27th Feb are road rules not WOF rules and they DO restrict their use. Driving lights are differnt to fogs and different yet again to headlights.

Read and read again, and then read sic's thread re: neons in the appearance section for yet more info.

you should so stick some angel eyes in. They'd look mint dude, especially on your car anyway.

most deffinatly. like dans they are cool

but yea keep the fogs in they look sweet

well the cop busted me for having 2 sets of driving lights on at once.

What the hell has WOF got to do with with driving with them? what if they see u driving with them on why wont give ur WOF? isn;t the WOF just the way they work and preform, not how they are used?

And that WOF thind says you can only have 1 set of driving lights

Under reasons for rejection 4-1

Thats interesting because when I got my Subaru GT-b wagon WOF'd they were going to fail it because it has two sets of lights on the front.

Turns out your only allowed to have one set on at anytime and they only passed it once I showed them there was a switch to flick between the two, but that you couldnt get both on at the same time.

Turns out I have little lights in the side corners too that come on when your lights are on and you indicate to turn, they point slightly outwards to show around the corner !

Cheers

Martyn

it doesn't really what i think or what any1 else thinks on this fourm, its what the pig that pulls u over thinks

I think you really meant Police officer.

Keep the driving lights/foglights, unless you need the additional holes linked to ducting to keep your brakes cool.

Cheers

they shudnt fine you for fog lights untill the 27th. Send it back :)

Edited by E30stz

keep em it will be interesting at the next warrant for me then(see sig pic) I hate holden commodore foglights(or are they driving lights,they are really glary)

Edited by kiwi535

you should so stick some angel eyes in. They'd look mint dude, especially on your car anyway.

what the deal with them are they just a bulb...or the whole light?

Cost and somewhere that sells them?

Guest Andrew

what the deal with them are they just a bulb...or the whole light?

Cost and somewhere that sells them?

PM Homy D Clown