Sign in to follow this  
camera doctor

Heater Fault E39 Touring

Hi all,

2003 E39 530i Touring

Travelled to CHCH yesteday ( 160km each way ) and noticed the climate control is not working right.

Even when set to coldest ( 16 Degrees ) it seems to be pumping out hot air. The only way I can control temp is the manual dial between the centre dash vents.

With the AC on, I do get cold from the dash vents, but Hot from windscreen and feet vents.

If I put the AC on, set to coldest, and button pressed to feet, I still get really hot air to my feet!

I wonder if the hot water valve is jammed open? The temp gauge is sitting in the middle, so I don't think the whole car is running too hot.

Any ideas where to start? Is this something the dealers can diagnose with scanner? My closest dealer is CHCH, but there is an auto sparkie local with generic scanner - would that tell him enough ?

Cheers

Greg

Its most likely to be the heater tap duo valve. You wont need a scanner to check this, unless its something else

Edited by *Glenn*

have heater taps in stock

european car parts

nieltd@ihug.co.nz

thanks brent

Its most likely to be the heater tap duo valve. You wont need a scanner to check this, unless its something else

Thanks Glenn,

Whereabouts is it located do you know? Is it a major dash out job ?

Next to the L/H front strut tower. Incorporates the auxillary water pump and the duo valve on top. Most of these you have to buy the whole pump/valve assembly...about $1,000. These fail regularly... the diaphrams swell up & jam open or closed.

If you PM me your chassis# I can be more precise

Edited by *Glenn*

$100 from Hellbm

Regards Ray