Sign in to follow this  
fuzyfrog

E30 M3

Personally LHD is an instant turnoff. Love the colour though.

Thats not that cheap. Thats the going price for a non-concourse condition M3. 20k E30 M3's are cheap, as a few that were on trade me a year or so ago were.

LHD means original which IMO keeps the value up.

Compared to this one, which has met reserve at $35k..

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-285502698.htm

I think he's a bit optimistic on price, Ok the red one has much lower Kms, but I'd take condition over Kms in a 20+ year old car any day.

Both are still out of my price range, and too nice to convert to a race car.

Yeah ive had a good look at the M6 he has there.

If it was RHD i would be all over it.

Still a nice car though.

Interesting. I wouldn't touch a RHD E30 M3. Admittedly, after owning my E30 M3 the LHD did get a little inconvenient but having said that it shows that it was the genuine article. This particular example is a US Spec M3 as well which don't usually fetch the premium that the Euro Specs do.

Still, any E30 M3 is mega cool and the reality is that even the more tired examples are getting expensive in Japan.

Guest Ari Gold

Should be noted that it's also very rare in Henna Rot, which in the US market, sees them command a premium.

Ive been in that LHD one when it was on the ship heading to Lyttleton,had a little moment pretending i was driving it :lol: even though it was just parked. It is in very very very good condition exterior and interior.

Edited by APT

looks to be in original condition which is a bonus, interior could do with a bit of work but you have to remember 20+ year old lether will show its age. colour looks good.

Good condition original M3s dont come on the market very often (lucky to be one per year)and it might be a case of buying this one and improving the condition & keeping it original.

Lhd is a bonus and will add value over time, US spec not as desirable but there is not alot of choice, as long as it is original in good order there will be no problem with resale.

I can remember the looking at two M3s back in 2003 and they were $18,000 each, just shows you what direction the price is going and when we are clear of the recession there will be another rush on classic cars.

Dave

Edited by 87M3@NZ