Sign in to follow this  
dirtydoogle

New car hunt

Had another look I would take it to Gary Keith for a PP. Looks alright though worth a punt.

You should be buying a BMW though dude you're type might not be welcome here anymore, you might have to join the AA roadside assist forum, get a loyalty card etc, - AA for quiters aye Doug. lol....

I think my tool box will be well used and I hope it fits in the boot of the Jag. Brent has offered me a 750i for quite a good deal, but, I want to try a Jag. I'll probably sell it sooner than expected. I'm a bit like that. AA is for pansies and men with brittish cars......sh*t I will have a wee collection with the morries here too.

Do you think I can fit a two door 52 Minor in the boot of the Jag?

An XJ40???

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Stay the hell away, someone there said they are rust buckets, I rekon they're abortion buckets.

Seriously, stick with a BMW/Mercedes if you want European mate.

An XJ40???

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Stay the hell away, someone there said they are rust buckets, I rekon they're abortion buckets.

Seriously, stick with a BMW/Mercedes if you want European mate.

I'm finding more and more worrying info about the jags to be honest. Probably should harden up and get a new bike instead

The old mans had more Jags than i have fingers and toes, most of them being XJ6s, two XJ40s, couple of S-types blah blah blah, he didn't have one thing wrong with any of them, drove from new to at least 80,000km in each hassle free, people don't understand that if you maintain them with servicing etc they have no excuse to break, NZ new ones don't rust (maybe the really really old ones with no paint left on them), and if you're a panel beater then no worries really. I really like the J gate, does what you want it to do, if you want excitement buy a manual.

An XJ6 is proberly better value though. They look great on at least 17" alloys with a very slight drop too.

End of the day it's your choice, you will be buying the car, it's up to you. It doesn't have to be a BMW, they're not the pinical of cars.

Common consensous with Jags if you can't afford a new one, then you can't afford a secondhand one, laughed at that, I would definately up the anti and get into a X300, but if you arn't one to keep the car long an old XJ40 might be the answear, remember there is hardly any following for them so you want quit it as easy as you did with your coupe when it's time to sell.

Might be litterly 4 buyers in the whole country wanting a cheap jag and at least 50 for sale, BMW arn't the pinacle but they are more known and renowned.

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

X300 would be the pick of the bunch.

XJR Supercharged would be the ultimate low milage circa 100k in tourquoise Ken Stout had a while back about $16k worth, enthusiast territory, but a nice sleed.

See what happens when no one buys your XJ40.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/S...n-285575160.htm

Cracked up.

Edited by E39KiwiTouring

Hey mate thought I'd chip in... I owned this E32 for about 3/4 of a year, didn't miss a beat drove from 150k to 175k all over the place. I'd prob buy it back if I wasn't hooked on my E30. Good luck on your search!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=287784759

I'll PM you

Have thought about them, but I'd rather a Jag. I have a few mates with them and they have never really impressed me much.

Do great skids though

heh yeah, I've had 4 soarers, they are fine but have next to no driver involvement.

Don't buy one, stay BMW.

If you want a big English car that doesn't work and guzzles gas at least get a Range Rover and shove some big muddies on it for the awesome factor