Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Auto Electricians

I need to find a professionally trained, enthusiastic Auto Electrician, someone who is honest and someone who is not afraid of modern European vehicles or BMW’s.

Prefer South Auckland but will go a bit further if need be.

Would love to hear your experience with the company, especially if they managed to carry out work that was a tad more challenging enthusiastically.

Thats a tall order Graham... I'd like to find one as well... what are you wanting to do ?

It shouldnt be a tall order though.

I just need to find a good place, don’t mind paying $100 an hour if need be, im sure we could all benefit from it because from my experience most are borderline retards.

Is there an industry standard or a qualification needed to be an Auto Electrician??

If I could spell and punctuate and had more than I shared brain cell I would write a book. Honestly. The sh*t I have been through over the years.

Edited by Apex

No. Nothing wrong with my Renault, it gets fixed buy Renault. It was the E30 has tipped me over the edge, if I hear someone in the trade tell me “that’s what you get with Euros†or Typical BMtroubleyou†is it that that your average kiwi is confused by new 30 year old German Engineering? Muppets. Complete muppets.

I totally agree... I don't know of one... what are you wanting to do ?

To be an auto electrician these days, there is no entry criteria, and what they do in training:

Year1: Overview of all things automotive to give a broad base knowledge

Year2: Fairly comprehensive in electronics systems, but does not cover anything developed in the last 5 years like sat nav/on board computers/iDrive (and equivelent from other marques) etc

Year3: Part timme class work, part time Work experience

Year4: Your on your own

To be a mechanic or motorbike mechanic or deseil mechanic its the same, with Year 2 swapped out for the appropriate course.

Pretty pathetic really imo. I was going to do that this year but due to reasons beyond my control i couldnt. My mates doing it though and he hasnt learnt anything yet and we are almost half way through the tertiary year last i checked?

^yes and no.... theres abit more to it than that. but still its not hard to become qualled...

whats the problem apex?

pm me if you have electrical problems with ur e30 i may be able to help... done enough of them...

Edited by e30li

I just need to find a good place, don’t mind paying $100 an hour if need be, im sure we could all benefit from it because from my experience most are borderline retards.

Is there an industry standard or a qualification needed to be an Auto Electrician??

If I could spell and punctuate and had more than I shared brain cell I would write a book. Honestly. The sh*t I have been through over the years.

As above - there is an industry standard but from my perspective the new qualification procedure/standard has "gone out the window" compared to the old apprenticeship schemes where I reacon there was a far better focus on the trade & the learning of it - both practical & theory.

From experience -the modern apprentice, (or whatever they are now called) (not all I must stress) seem to want to "cheat the system" (& they can) to gain the qualification - in the end still as green as grass but thinking to know it all.

Nothing, but nothing, beats experience, that said though - there also needs to be a want to learn.

^^ so from that im guessing the best ones are auto electricians with white hair full of experience?? lol

If you'd like some wiring diagrams... I have a heap.

^^ so from that im guessing the best ones are auto electricians with white hair full of experience?? lol

It's not what's on the head but what's in it that is crucial

As a young green 20yr old I was loving working on vehicle electrical systems.

And now it's even more fun - but I go right inside the chipsets and peek and poke a bit.

So we cant recommend one at all?

it really depends, some young kids are better with electics because they kind of grew up with them... some older guys find it hard to keep up with technology.. so age really doesnt give you any kind of indication...

when i was at the ford garage the local sparkys used to send their problem cars to us to fix... so on that note no. i cant reccomend any.