Sign in to follow this  
philwalter

Hamilton garage for a pre-purchase inspection

Other than Combes, are there any other recomendations for other options on a reputable garage that knows or specalisies in older BMW's where I could get a pre-purchase inspection carried out ?

John @ Hillcrest auto service is ex BMW mechanic, knows his sh*t.

Carspot in Frankton.

Bad move..

John @ Hillcrest auto service is ex BMW mechanic, knows his sh*t.

Good move!

Other than Combes, are there any other recomendations for other options on a reputable garage that knows or specalisies in older BMW's where I could get a pre-purchase inspection carried out ?

Hi Phil,

I live in the Tron but only use Ross Lamb at BM Workshop in Botany for any work on our BM's. I have known him for 11 years and he is the only guy I trust implicitly.

I know a few people have used SD European here in Hamilton for pre-inspections. A friend however got a M5 inspected there and was disappointed with the things they missed out on.

Apart from that Coombes are the only ones in HAmilton I would ever use. Martin who is the manager of the workshop is a BMW trained mechanic from England and has ample experience with older vehicles.

I had an inspection done at coombes and yes they noticed everything, not to keen on the dings and scratches, if you want underneath and mechanical and how the car was new inspection then they are the ones.

About $160.00 I think it was.