Sign in to follow this  
1N STYL

Window tinting

can any1 recomend a window tinter...preffer on the North Shore, and post a web site please if u know it.

Also any1 know of any new tints that might look cool on my car, eg chrome/sliver fading into black?

cheers

-Andrew-

Edited by 1N STYL

www.tintacar.co.nz something wrong with that site :huh:

" there is a tint-a-car place on the shore on wairau road"

sweet thanks i'll look em up tomz :thumb: :mosh:

theres nothing wrong with the site - just requires some common sense. Copy and paste it into your browser :P or www.tintacar.co.nz for newbies :).

oh shut up, in all my forum membership, i proberly have clsoe to 2500 posts, i meant the site it self wasn't working...i was already at that site before u posted.

when i go to it, it just say "loading..." forever

wow i just notice its been open over night and still "loading..."

Edited by 1N STYL

Guest Andrew

www.tintacar.co.nz something wrong with that site :huh:

" there is a tint-a-car place on the shore on wairau road"

sweet thanks i'll look em up tomz :thumb: :mosh:

The next right after those lights on wairau rd heading past McDs that turn into target rd. Small place next to a mag shop

I got mine done at "car tint" in onehunga 0800 112 012 they do the tinting for team mcmillan so i figured theyd be a good choice pretty good prices too - and btw stick with the black tint

ok its $320 for there "AshCool" tint

ASH COOL. THE PEOPLES CHOICE.

Take the plunge and jump into a cooler car, today. This custom-made window film has been manufactured to exacting standards, receiving a 4 Star Performance Rating. Ash Cool window tint offers four times greater heat reduction than clear glass and blocks out 99.9% of damaging UV rays. Find out how it can block out thieves as well.

Guest Andrew

Take the plunge and jump into a cooler car, today. This custom-made window film has been manufactured to exacting standards, receiving a 4 Star Performance Rating. Ash Cool window tint offers four times greater heat reduction than clear glass and blocks out 99.9% of damaging UV rays. Find out how it can block out thieves as well.

don't get the cheapest - it really is sh*t. Spend a good 500 on it and get decent film.

Anyone know of any decent/resonable places down my end of the country in wellington?

I went to the guys in Porirua and although I was impressed with the service and the finish I was not impressed with the fact that the colour they have put on the front is more green than the blue colour I have on the rest of the windows.

I knew they wouldnt get an exact match but I cant believe they couldnt get a better match than they did.

I intend to get them all redone at some stage but Im not sure I wold go back there unless I could see what they would use and I was happy with the colour.

I paid 120 dollars for the two fronts, but they said for the whole car it would be more like 400-450 as they would have to take the old ones off which wasnt difficult it would just add to the overall time.

Everyone I spoke to in Wellington recommended them so they must be doing something right.

Just cant remember their name :blush:

don't get the cheapest - it really is sh*t. Spend a good 500 on it and get decent film.
its not the cheapest it 3rd from the bottom, and 2nd from the top...the best is a lil bit over the top for me i think

Dont put any metallic window tints on your rear window, you'll screw up your radio reception (cos that's where the antennas are)

J

Hhe one on the north shore is called solace my folks started it up a few years ago and sold it. i would not recommend going there as ive spoken to people who have gone there since (it was sold) and they were not satisifed with the results they got

I went to the guys in Porirua and although I was impressed with the service and the finish I was not impressed with the fact that the colour they have put on the front is more green than the blue colour I have on the rest of the windows.

I knew they wouldnt get an exact match but I cant believe they couldnt get a better match than they did.

I intend to get them all redone at some stage but Im not sure I wold go back there unless I could see what they would use and I was happy with the colour.

I paid 120 dollars for the two fronts, but they said for the whole car it would be more like 400-450 as they would have to take the old ones off which wasnt difficult it would just add to the overall time.

Everyone I spoke to in Wellington recommended them so they must be doing something right.

Just cant remember their name :blush:

sweet.. cheers Martyyn. Maclennans down Willis Street mentioned that Porirua outfit as well... Maybe Autocraft???? I dunno.

PS. I'm sure I saw your 7 the Saturday of the sevens around 5pm turning down Lajava script:emoticon(';)')

smiliembton Quay... would that be you?? I was waving like mad at ya... I hope it was :o

im a racist homo who will likely get the sh*t kicked out of me when i say the wrong sh*t to the wrong people and the wrong time, hopefully this will be soon.

my car is a Jap import so i only get "****** FM" so i'm not that worried about losing reception.

The rules are pretty lax around here, but you just crossed a line.

f**k off dickhead.

The rules are pretty lax around here, but you just crossed a line.

f**k off dickhead.

Agreed !! I hate racist people !!!