Sign in to follow this  
wolliver

e30 fusebox

ok im wanting to move the fusebox in my '87 e30 project.

all im wanting to know is there a way for me to move it without cutting any wires, or is that the only way.... it seems the only way that i can see lol.

if anyone has done it or knows how, could you let me know.

cheers.

Wolley

i doubt youd be able to move it without cutting wires. Id figure out where you are wanting to relocate it and then cutting each individual wire, adding in hew wire to lengthen, and then move on to the next wire. Would be a very slow boring painfull process id say. may find it benificial to pick up a second fuse box from a wrecked car if you re planning to relocate into the cabin so they can be threaded to the firewall.

Have fun

Pick it up - throw over your left shoulder - buy a E36

Problem solved

yyyyyyeeeeeaaaahhhhh.. NA... not happening without chop chop

i moved mine, i cut the wires goint to the headlights, wiper etc and extended them as required, that is by far the smallest part of the loom to cut...

Edited by e30li

You could strip the interior and pull the loom out of car then feed it back through..

^but depending on where you put it you will probably find doing that will mean some part of the loom wont reach where its supposed to.

yyyyyyeeeeeaaaahhhhh.. NA... not happening without chop chop

i moved mine, i cut the wires goint to the headlights, wiper etc and extended them as required, that is by far the smallest part of the loom to cut...

where abouts did you put your fusebox? i plan on putting it behind the glovebox, just means ill lose half my glove box

thats where mine is, mines a racecar so i dont use the glovebox anyway, you can just get away with keeping the full box on mine, but in saying that my loom is very simplified and i have no heater box etc.

the screwed it to the firewall, there is a box section peice of the firewall that runs just below the windscreen right across the car, the bit that has the big L shaped bracket coming off it when you take the dash out. i just screwed the mounting screw onto a tab that was on there.

didnt really know where abouts i could mount it on the L bracket thing, so i put it here

Posted Image

that works. mines sitting on that tab you can see for the earth at the front of the picture.